• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Cappy gets a spa day at home today

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
A long overdue pampering happened today. He looks like he lost 10 lbs, got all his blowing undercoat gone. Summer shed, time to build it up for the winter!

I am adding a photo from 5 years ago to the day! He was here a month 5 years ago. He was 6 or 7 according to the rescue. He was younger looking and you can see his tan was darker on his face, yet his coat was sunburnt and reddish compared to the jet black today.

He's my heart!

20190914_170415.jpg
Today...
20190914_171908.jpg
Side by side 9/14/19 and 9/14/14

20171104_221707.jpg
His lock up picture after being dumped in a rural Kentucky shelter :( and what clean and loved looks like!
20190914_170550.jpg
My heart, my most favorite breed in the entire world, my Cappy Jack tri color Shetland Sheepdog ♡

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
He's beautiful! BTW.... I think you should go for a puppy when the time is right...:)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
He's beautiful! BTW.... I think you should go for a puppy when the time is right...:)
I think so too, unless I can't adopt if none are avail. He's my 3rd, and 3rd color. I cannot repeat any of them in color or look. So my first was Sable and White, like Lassie.

Shadow was s blue Merle, black, grey, tan and white with one blue eye and one brown.

Cappy a Tri, I LOVE the tri colors. I am keeping an open mind to a local Breeder she breeds Blues, Tri and Bi-black. These are just black, and some white, collar, tail tip, legs.

Then there is the Bi-blue, grey, white, some black.

Time will tell. There is a current litter of Bi blacks they are SO cute!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Here is one of her bi-black babies To my surprise alot of white!

FB_IMG_1568502964138.jpg
And here is an example of a bi blue

FB_IMG_1568503041913.jpg
A blue merle differs with tan markings on legs, face. Only Merle's and Bi blues can have blue eyes. Any other color it's a fault. And now People who breed and have NO IDEA what they are doing with white factors and Merle genes you can see sable Merles. Imagine Lassie with a blue eye?

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shelties are such awesome dogs! I used to have a black and tan female years ago. Cappy Jack is so beautiful and what a special story.

The breeder has some handsome looking dogs! I am very partial to the Bi-blue.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Shelties are such awesome dogs! I used to have a black and tan female years ago. Cappy Jack is so beautiful and what a special story.

The breeder has some handsome looking dogs! I am very partial to the Bi-blue.
There is quite a few very good kennel names here local. All are part of the local club. Everyone is connected, they are friends. I know there are three who breed the blues and the Tri colors.

This one who has the current black litter if I am correct, one of her foundation dogs where she got started very long ago was from where my 2 came from in CT.

I do have many options, that makes me happy! It appears that hers are very nicely boned! I love that little chunk!

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pretty boy. I have a bi black right now. She looks like a small border collie. She’s a nice dog but sooo naughty. Digs up carpet, takes wall paper off walls. That’s with a 3 mile walk most nights. Still love the breed though. My first sheltie was a tri.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Adorable puppy and gorgeous Merle. I think you'll know when you see one and when you turn to leave it's right on your heels... it's a take me home kinda moment!