• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canuck is missing!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Still no sign of him...:cry3::sorrow:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Agh, no! It’s been so long. That’s very sad and worrisome!:sad5:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I really hope it’s him too!:angel1:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
So what does it mean as I can't do instagram? Does someone have a crow that looks like him? If its him they would have to be restraining him or took him far away as a crow would not leave his mate.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So what does it mean as I can't do instagram? Does someone have a crow that looks like him?
There are some pictures of a crow eating from a womans hand, they are public, so you will be able to click the link and see them. Here´s the caption:

¨I'm not trying to get anyone's hopes up here, but please take a look and help if you can, if you're in the Mission BC area. Three possible sightings of Canuck today. :) This Crow may not have bands, but it is possible that it is him.

Thank you.
#bringcanuckhome
Shawn :)¨

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Last message is:

¨With no luck being had by the many people that went out looking yesterday in Mission BC, I will be heading my way out there to check out the tip I received yesterday to see if I have any luck in finding this friendly Crow that could possibly be Canuck. :) A $10,000 No Questions Asked Reward is being offered for the Safe Return of Canuck.

Thank you.
#bringcanuckhome
Shawn :) ¨

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Last I heard, Shawn was going through the video frame by frame, he says it looks like Canuck, no bands, usual behavior,,Shawn will get out there asap,,Canuck would recognize Shawn,,I, in my mind think someone took him, had his bands removed, wont mention any names,, and took him away,,,Cassiar is still calling and looking,,she knows, just cant tell anyone..

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Oh please let it be him :angel1:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Crows do look alot alike but they have different voices...I used to know mines...Its not 100 percent as alot of crows sound alike but alot sound different...Its hard to describe but if you really listen you can hear differences... Mine would watch over me. See him or her when I was trying to sell my car & was out with strangers or when I was talking to a neighbors pool man the guy got buzzed & warned..stay away!!!

I agree he did not leave on his own. I only hope he is alive with someone & not able to fly back rather than harmed & no longer with us...

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Shawn has posted that this bird is not Canuck :(

in my mind think someone took him, had his bands removed, wont mention any names,, and took him away,
That´s so sad. How heartbreaking.

LovieLuvr

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
:sad2::sad7:

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
:sad2: Oh no, this is just heartbreaking. Poor Shawn, I cannot imagine how this nightmare must be affecting him. :(

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Crap,
I was really hoping it was him.
:darkcloud::darkcloud::darkcloud:
:sad7:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I have mixed feelings about this with a wild animal.

Its not good to have them think all people are ok. They protect there own but once they get food from a human they will take it from almost anyone. Mine came to see me off when I went to the front to get into the van to take me to the airport in 2003 for a trip to Australia. The driver threw a piece of sandwich & the crow ate it. Sure a crow will eat food wherever it finds it but if they become trusting they are in danger.

Crows should not be flyin following me down the block sitting on a fence til I came by & then flyin ahead. They are losing concentration on survival & focusing it elsewhere & open themselves up to danger. I loved my crow doting on me as I felt special but the neighbors did not like the crow so close. After about a year or more he would come & so would 5 or 8 other crows. I imagine it was his flock as he did bring his baby to my balcony when it was young. Still I realized it was no longer safe for them & I had to try to get him to forget me. So no more treats....He would call outside my window...So sad....but finally they left for the skies & did not come so close...that was over 15 years ago & still when I hear a crow I call back & look up to the sky as I know around here there is a chance his children's children are still around though he is likely but who knows could still be alive if crows can live 20 plus years...