• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canuck is missing!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That is devastating. I lost my Fred (crow) a few years ago and it was horrible.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Not familiar with this crow but I had a wild crow befriend e for years...They are amazing...Could have gotten hurt or sick??? Hopefully no wrong doing from humans...

They do have an area/territory & they do stay together so something is up...Its a problem if they become too trusting of humans...My wild crow would follow me for a block & then stop when I walked around...Would accept food from others but I only saw that when I was around...Would buzz a stranger who talked to me & would watch over me...They are the best,,,I love crows...I hope this has a happy update...

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awww how sad :( I have never heard of this man or the crow, but so sad to see him heartbroken on the video.

I hope Canuck returns ❤

edit: I just watched this video and I´m heartbroken for him. Now I understand why he said ¨if anyone has him, let him go¨. He´s such a beautiful person and Canuck is such a beautiful bird ❤ Hopefully he is off on a little adventure and will be home soon.

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Video would not play but saw stills. Crow was very tame to him...Never held my crow or got face close. My dilemna is I wanted him wild & not too dependent on me. Still He would sit outside my window & call as he or she knew I would make him a scrambled egg. Woud keep meat scraps for him & he always had water. But a few years in he drew a crowd of crows with him & they would sit on the neighbors fence & she did not like them so I had to withdraw my food etc & slowly he got the idea...It was very sad but it was for his safety as its not good to have them get too close to people or think they are all good. My fears is someone hurt him. They don;t just go off for fun & not return in the evening. They also do not go far as they do set up territorys & will be chased out of others...Could be a predator bird too or poison...Whatever it is its probably not good...

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm gonna message Shawn later, and see if anything is new. And,,,sadly, when Canuck returns, to tell him to take the page down, too many maliputive, malicious people out there,,please come home Canuck, Daddy is worried sick..

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have never heard about this man nor Canuck but it is very easy to see how much this man cares about Canuck.
What a sad situation, I really hope he returns unharmed to his bird mate and human.
I have my fingers crossed for a happy outcome.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Video would not play but saw stills. Crow was very tame to him...Never held my crow or got face close. My dilemna is I wanted him wild & not too dependent on me. Still He would sit outside my window & call as he or she knew I would make him a scrambled egg. Woud keep meat scraps for him & he always had water. But a few years in he drew a crowd of crows with him & they would sit on the neighbors fence & she did not like them so I had to withdraw my food etc & slowly he got the idea...It was very sad but it was for his safety as its not good to have them get too close to people or think they are all good. My fears is someone hurt him. They don;t just go off for fun & not return in the evening. They also do not go far as they do set up territorys & will be chased out of others...Could be a predator bird too or poison...Whatever it is its probably not good...
That's my worry,:sad4:

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I hope Canuck found a flock. He was so tame and trusting, it's scary to think what someone might have done to him...

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Prayers up.

I watched video about him some time ago.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Messaged Shawn, haven't heard back or seen any updates on Facebook, still praying..

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Same here

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Nothing yet, the Still creek rookery is informed and looking, the Ravenmaster in London has been informed,..maybe he can pray..I've been praying to Saint Francis..Canuck is a national treasure in Canada , come home Canuck, your wife misses you, your freind misses you,,theres a $10,000.00 reward for his SAFE return..

Last edited:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm holding on to hope for Canuck. I have quite a bunch of crows and ravens who freeload off me every day (I love it) and there will be two or three days every now and then that they disappear. Not a crow anywhere in the entire valley.The ravens actually disappear in early summer and go up onto the Rim (7,500 ft) where it is cooler and then come back in early winter. Some of the crows stay year around. Some don't.

Hopefully Canuck is just on a fly about and will come home soon - I wishing and hoping.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Facebook..here it is, had to restart my phone..

I still can not view it as I do not have FB :(

I hope Canuck is just off having a break and will return unharmed and healthy.