• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can't take care of budgie anymore, what to do now?

Demy

Checking out the neighborhood
So, I'm 18 and I've had a lone budgie for a few years now and ever since my aunt has officially moved in with her two cats at my parents house 7 months ago (against my wishes), taking care of my pet has been real tough. It doesn't help that I've recently been working full-time and going to be moving out with my family pretty soon.

So, before we move, I want to give my budgie away to be in a better household environment (ideally with other budgies to be more social) but I don't really have any friends or relatives willing to take in my pet so I don't have much options in mind. Any advice? I live in Oakville so if you know any good avian centers there that'd be swell.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I tried searching up Oakville and there seems to be two of them, there may be some members here who can help you as long as they live nearby

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden

Is there no way you could make this work?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Where is Oakville located?

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
It's a difficult situation if you can't make it work with your current situation, and don't think it will work in the future.

If you'd like help figuring out a way to keep your little buddy, don't be afraid to ask here for tips.

If, "Oakville, is Oakville Ontario, the closest place I have direct experience with is Exotic Wings, which is about 1h 15m away from you.

Mark and Lisa do a good job finding new homes for birds.