• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can't get over his tragìc passing

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sorrow: So horrible...We try our best but a car runs us down or a plane crashes...we just never know. It was an accident though a horrible accident. We can't control everything & everyone. Sometimes even the best of us & the most careful of us makes mistakes...
I only hope with time you can find some comfort & keep all the love you & Jingles shared..

I think beyond the initial attack there was a few seconds of panic but the body goes into shock with things like that & its just becomes a blurr...So sad...sorry for your loss...

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I’m so sorry for your loss.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am very sorry for your loss.

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
I totally understand the feelings you’re going through.
A very similar thing happened to me a very very long time ago with my very first bird. I was a young child and we had my grandfathers dog temporarily who was trained to catch rats from the horse stables- we didn’t think about that and the fact my bird was never closed in its cage.
We went out and came home to nothing but feathers :(
I was later shown how fast that dog disposed of rats which were much bigger and tougher than my bird because I was so distraught over how long it would have been in pain that I kept crying to my grandfather and couldn’t be consoled. He decided although it may be a bit morbid that it was best for me to see for myself how skilled his dog was at ending the suffering of anything it caught. I found that knowledge to be more helpful than anything else that was said to me.
I’m so very sorry you experienced this loss in this way :sadhug2: :heart: :sadhug2:
Thank you so much for sharing this. Your replies have really helped me today. I hate having to ask about how quick it was but I haven't been able to get that thought out of my mind. It would be pure torture for me for the rest of my life if I thought he had really suffered...I couldn't bear it. I loved him with all of my heart as he did me. He had the most amazing personality. Funny, clever, feisty, grumpy at times, loving, loyal etc etc. He was with me for all of my life and I will miss him terribly forever. I have been seeing a lot of robins and white feathers lately ....apparently signs that our little Fids are still with us. I hang on to that thought. I want to thank you for your replies again..they have brought comfort and I want to thank everyone on this site .... it is SO appreciated.

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
Thank you so much for sharing this. Your replies have really helped me today. I hate having to ask about how quick it was but I haven't been able to get that thought out of my mind. It would be pure torture for me for the rest of my life if I thought he had really suffered...I couldn't bear it. I loved him with all of my heart as he did me. He had the most amazing personality. Funny, clever, feisty, grumpy at times, loving, loyal etc etc. He was with me for all of my life and I will miss him terribly forever. I have been seeing a lot of robins and white feathers lately ....apparently signs that our little Fids are still with us. I hang on to that thought. I want to thank you for your replies again..they have brought comfort and I want to thank everyone on this site .... it is SO appreciated.
Sorry..I meant previously that he was with me for all of his life...from when he was 4 months old. I got him from a shop...the owners didn't really care for the birds. They bred birds and sold them for profit. They didn't check homes or give advice about care! Jingles brothers and sisters all went to Scotland but he stayed with me in England. He was with me through bad times and good. I like to think that he had a very happy life. Sorry for the long post....I'm so grateful for the privilege of having had him in my life.bThank you all again

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I am so sorry. I can't even imagine the pain you must be in.
This is like loosing a family member, to lose your bird and friend of 17 years.
Only time will heal your heart, and never fully. You always miss those that are gone.
Someday you'll share that love again with another bird, but you'll always hold Jingles close to your heart.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I am so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

Accidents really make mourning difficult. We are left with so many self doubts. I hope you can find happiness in Jingles memories when you are ready. Give yourself all the time you need.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I'm so sorry for your loss. They fly into our hearts, and leave feather dust on our souls... forever....

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I am so very very sorry @Tilly123 Chrissie, I can't imagine the pain, but I hope it will ease a bit over time.
I do understand wanting to know that he didn't suffer, and sometimes the experiences of others who know about these things can really help. If you feel like posting photos, or a tribute, that would be great too. Sending big hugs from Texas. :sadhug2:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: My heart breaks for you

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
Hi. Thank you again for your replies...really appreciated. 3 months now. At times (not often) I feel a little bit better but mostly I am still as heartbroken as when it happened. I miss my little man so much. It feels as if the heartbreak will never ease. I let him down. I have seen a therapist, written down all my memories of him, had a tattoo in my shoulder, with the Adam's Family musical notes above it (his favourite whistle) I am going to get a canvas done of him and hang it in the empty space where his cage used to be....yet still the gut wrenching sadness continues. I guess this is normal...as you all know. The way he passed still haunts me. Sorry to be so depressing..just have to write it down sometimes. Clothdog...my thoughts are with you...thank you for your post. I know you too are in this awful situation....yet I am so grateful to my beautiful little parrot for being in my life.I know he loved his life with me as your parrot loved his long life with you. Thank you all again...Your support means everything to me because you know how I feel. X

Mama Kirs

Strolling the yard
I'm so sorry for your loss... And I think it's good that you talk/write about your grief. Everyone who has had a beloved pet for so long knows how hard it is when they pass away...it hurts immensely. And I can totally understand your wanting to know if Mr Jingles has suffered. Like Shezbug said I also think it probably went super fast. He may have died from a heart attack (I have had that happen a couple of years back with my rescue parrotlet who got chased by my dachshund....he was gone before he hit the ground). I hope bit by bit, day by day you will begin to feel a little better. And keep talking about, and to, Mr Jingles if that helps you. I believe they stick around, at least for a while, and hear us and feel our love for them.