• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can't concentrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big.Green.Chicken

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
I am supposed to be doing school work here in the lab. I can't concentrate on anything. I am a bundle of nerves sitting here worry about KerBear. She is home all alone for the first time ever. Hubby had to leave today for several hours.

Is she going to scream the house down? :confused:

Is she going to break a toy and injure herself? :(

Is she going to finally figure out how to completely unscrew the cage joints and get loose in the house all alone? :omg:

Ok, so I am over reacting, and I know that I am. I know that nothing will happen. If she knocks breaks a lightbulb with a thrown toy part a fire won't really catch in the house :right? that couldn't really happen?:

How is it I leave the dog and cat alone and never worry and I feel like I left my baby at home alone :huh:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
it will be ok, I know you are so worried about her.

several folks have set up web cams to watch them while they are gone, is it possible for you to set up something like that so you can keep an eye on her?

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
I have no idea how to do that. I don't own a web cam. Once I bought it I would actually have to read the instructions and figure it out. :o:r wait and have my nephew show me:

Normally someone is always home. Watching Nani is neat. I will have to look into something like that. Thankfully my next class will keep me busy.

I am sure she is fine, really

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I understand, it is hard to leave them when you know they are upset.

I hope the day passes quickly for you

:hug8:

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I'm definitely looking at getting a webcam set up for my kiddos. I don't worry as much about them, but I miss them terribly during the day.

I hope Kerbear is all right! I'm sure she will be :hug8:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Kerber will be just fine. He has to learn how to be alone, its good for both of you :)

If she knocks breaks a lightbulb with a thrown toy part a fire won't really catch in the house :right? that couldn't really happen?:
I don't think so :hehe:

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli

If she knocks breaks a lightbulb with a thrown toy part a fire won't really catch in the house :right? that couldn't really happen?:

I can say I have not one but 2 broken light bulbs One in my kitchen fixture one in the outside light fixture and the one in the kitchen has been like that for a long time - no fires and I use the kitchen light all the time - there's 2 bulbs in it only one is broken inside the fixture

granted by the time I get them fixed there maybe some broken bones - Since I can't reach the Fuse box to shut the power off to get the broken bulbs out and it seems like when I ask for help I'm blatantly ignored So if i get hurt doing it SO WILL HE! LOL :rofl:

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Give us an update on how she was when you get home! Try not to worry,though I know it's hard.:hug8:I wish Sam Mealy could keep KerBear company.

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
She seems to have done pretty well. I got to come home early. The snow closed the night classes. Her cage isn't a mess, the foot toys are all destroyed, and there are pellets in the window ledge. Not sure how she managed to get them there, but she was amused anyway. She didn't even or make noise when I came in. She is still working on a wingnut from a stainless steel screw I stuck in the hole of a plastic fish. I tightened it really tight.

I feel silly for having worried so much. It seems the foot toys, the kong filled with sunbutter, and spitting pellets kept her busy. Today was a good day :dance4:

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Since I can't reach the Fuse box to shut the power off to get the broken bulbs out and it seems like when I ask for help I'm blatantly ignored So if i get hurt doing it SO WILL HE! LOL
Whew, I was worried about the fire factor.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
She seems to have done pretty well. I got to come home early. The snow closed the night classes. Her cage isn't a mess, the foot toys are all destroyed, and there are pellets in the window ledge. Not sure how she managed to get them there, but she was amused anyway. She didn't even or make noise when I came in. She is still working on a wingnut from a stainless steel screw I stuck in the hole of a plastic fish. I tightened it really tight.

I feel silly for having worried so much. It seems the foot toys, the kong filled with sunbutter, and spitting pellets kept her busy. Today was a good day :dance4:
not silly at all, I worry when I leave mine even for a little while

sounds like she is beginning to learn to amuse herself while you are gone - that's a good thing :thumbsup:

:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
We all worry the first time we leave them, but over time you will build up your confidence and see she is going to be fine on her own until you return.
As long as she has a radio on quietly and plenty to amuse her she will be OK.
Shows what a caring person you really are to be so worried for her.:hug8:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Your just a natural paranoid mommy. The first time I left my birds alone for the first time I had to rush because I was nervous, lol. He will be just fine, don’t worry. As soon as I walk in the door my birds call for me and I call back. They are just so happy when I return, even more when I return with gifts, lol.

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
lol - she will be fine!!! I used to come home to a total MAYHEM back before Ray got his new cage. he would take a door off, let himself out and then let Kota (the Grey) out and they would open all the treat cabinets and help themselves to treats and toys. Total mess - AND they were just fine. Relax - get her a TV with cartoons running on a timer, a radio or whatever so she has some voices or funky music - she will do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.