• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cannot access forum

RatKave

Strolling the yard
I cannot access the rehome highway. It does not show up in the forums and if I click on a link to it leads me to a page saying "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." How do I gain access to the forum? I had access before.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Re-home Highway is not accessible to people who are in the minor group at this time.

RatKave

Strolling the yard
Okay thank you. Do you know of any other site I could look at? I need to rehome a parrot and don't want him going to a bad home. Sorry if I'm not allowed to ask about other sites.

Last edited:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Re-home Highway is not accessible to people who are in the minor group at this time.
Really? I didn't realize that!

Of course it's been a looong time since I was a minor.

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Okay thank you. Do you know of any other site I could look at?
If your location is accurate, hello neighbour.

More to the point...

Depending on where in Ontario you're located (closest major city/town is fine), I might be able to direct you an avian retail store that could assist in the process.

RatKave

Strolling the yard
I am in Thunder bay area. That rescue is in toronto, and I don't think my parents are willing to drive that far for the bird. They want to just post him on kijiji and be done with it. I don't want him going to someone on kijiji. We tried to sell a canary on there and all anyone wanted was breeding them or snake food. The only close rescues that I'm aware of is the Humane society, but I don't know lots about them. He's a Meyers, I don't know who will take a medium sized bird.

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
That rescue is in toronto...
If you're referring to the Facebook group I linked, it's for Ontario and their process is online.

I know of nothing in the Thunder Bay area.

(over 15 hour drive from Ottawa and almost 8 to Winnipeg -- said for the benefit of others reading the thread, I'm sure OP knows how distant things are)

RatKave

Strolling the yard
Okay. I don't have a Facebook Account but I can ask my parents. How does the rescue end up getting the bird? Do they pick him up or do I drop off?

Okay thank you. I've been looking for a while. My brother will be able to drive soon so maybe he can get to a rescue.