• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cannery

Pippa!

Walking the driveway
Hi! I was wondering how to feed my cannery vegetables. I feed my small parrots finely chopped vegetables with some grains mixed in. Should I feed my cannery something else or can he eat this as well. He’s pretty good at eating his veggies. I have fed him baby spinach by the leaf which he loves. I offered him some of the vegetables, but I’m not sure that he ate any. I was wondering what you all do to give your cannery vegetables?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:bump4:

Anna&Aruan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna Beatriz
I always gave my cannaries vegetables by hanging it to the side of the cage with an metal "string/cable" (english is not my native language so i have no idea how to say this, but its basically a thick cable made out of metal)

Pippa!

Walking the driveway
Oh good! I’m feeding him his veggies with clothes pins . Thank you!

Glamourfaust

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Our food dishes have two sections. In one side, I put canary seed mix. In the other, a chunk of whatever I have on hand. His favourites are cucumber, apple, blueberries, zucchini, red pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage. I only give him one thing per day, but something different every day. I don't chop it up at all, just let him take bites out of it.

Pippa!

Walking the driveway
Another question.:D Should my cannery’s food be out all day?

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Yes, food should always be available to your birds. Small birds can starve shockingly quickly...... :(