• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cann-Avia Legit?

Starburst7

Moving in
Real Name
Kelsey
Hey everyone!

Anyone have any experience with an avian CBD oil company Cann-Avia? Is it a legit business or a scam? Looking for cbd oil safe for my arthritic bird. Unfortunately, Gabapentin and Metacam aren’t doing much for the poor guy

Their website: www.cann-avia.com

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I imagine it is. They do offer a Certificate of Analysis for botanacor which is a hemp oil testing lab. That's fairly rare among pet companies, and they offer legitimate looking dosages, which is also rare.

If it's a fake they did a hell of a job because even I want to try some for Ripley now :lol:

Starburst7

Moving in
Real Name
Kelsey
I’m really hoping so! I couldn’t find much on them aside from their site, but that’s really not out of the ordinary for a lot of legitimate avian companies that I have experience with either. I’m always so nervous to order from various sites nowadays!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
They take credit cards so if you had an issue you could file a claim with your bank. They also have a social media presence which means they aren't living in the shadows. :)

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I might try some o_O

Starburst7

Moving in
Real Name
Kelsey
So just wanted to provide an update, I ordered the Cann-Avia for two of my arthritic birds and one that has seizures. It is AMAZING! My one lovebird who’s 12 has arthritis in his one foot and before the Cann-Avia he mostly wanted to be in his hut not being very interactive or playing with toys like he usually does, but since he’s been on it he’s back to his old self! Amazing! He really bounced back, I’m so happy! My Tiel who I originally got it for has more issues than my lovebird, so he’s not 100%, but still an improvement over the Metacam and Gabapentin he was on originally (plus no worrying about liver issues from long term use). My other lovebird has seizures and head spasms from genetic birth defects that caused neurological issues. He was on phenobarbital 3x a day and was still having issues, poor baby! Since he’s been getting the Cann-Avia twice a day, he’s been seizure and spasm free! I seriously recommend it for anyone with little babies that have arthritis or other pain issues. I consulted with my vet before starting them on it and he gave the go-ahead. He told me there really aren’t any known long-term issues with it either, just to watch for sleepiness to see if you need to lower the dosage. Highly recommended!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Thanks for the update! I may try some for Ripley!