• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Candy corn and rocks

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got two candy corn and a flagstone beak scratcher. Cuddles has 6 flagstone in his cage and two on his playstand as he deals with scissor beak.

As soon as a trim, it starts growing again:( but the flagstone keeps it check. I think the small ones are going to be a big add on or bird stocking stuffer if there is a secret santa again this year. The small one went into his pak o bird and he has a medium side mount that I think Sarah is working on.

What can i say about the candy corn? Its nasty stuff but makes for a great bird toy. Just imagine a toy that looks like its for big boys but the balsa is so soft that a budgie could make a serious dent in it.

20210919_143519_HDR.jpg
20210919_143553_HDR.jpg

20210919_143435.jpg
20210919_143445.jpg

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just to give you an idea of a medium side mount beak scratcher that cuddles uses every day after meals. No matter the size I found it best placed near food bowls ( best near chop, fruit or food that gets stuck on beak).

Bug Sarah (lol) if you need one, it does the job for us.

20210702_195821.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Everything looks fantastic! :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:rofl: Yes! We are working on the rest of the side/top mounts. It's a process as I can not do the flagstone pieces... That rock saw is not something I want to play with. :laugh: Soon, I promise!

So happy you love the order. I am not a fan of candy corn ... or making the candy corn BUT I love this time of year and a shop full of fall / spooky and cute little candy corns is my favorite time!

Is the 1 1/2" washer on the beak scratcher workable? While I really like all my toys to go out with 2" washers I notice all smaller bird owners purchase smaller when given the choice.

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:rofl: Yes! We are working on the rest of the side/top mounts. It's a process as I can not do the flagstone pieces... That rock saw is not something I want to play with. :laugh: Soon, I promise!

So happy you love the order. I am not a fan of candy corn ... or making the candy corn BUT I love this time of year and a shop full of fall / spooky and cute little candy corns is my favorite time!

Is the 1 1/2" washer on the beak scratcher workable? While I really like all my toys to go out with 2" washers I notice all smaller bird owners purchase smaller when given the choice.
I detest candy corn, the non taste and texture. Even when jelly belly or brachs come out with new flavors it still tastes like sugar wax but the colors just scream fall.

The 1 1/2" fit both in their Avian Antics double and I finally moved it to Cuddles xs pak o bird, I had no problem in fitting in the largest grommet hole for a water bottle. I think cuddles medium has the same size washer but is way too heavy for his POB.