• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canary problem

Cilladark

Moving in
Hello, recently my friend bought a canary for me from the pet store but i can see that there is like a weird bald spot under her tail. She is eatin well and playin all around. Her poop look normal. I post few pics. What could it be?

P. S. Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language :) IMG_20191219_220252.jpg IMG_20191219_220023.jpg IMG_20191219_215952.jpg

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
I’m not sure but it would probably be best checked out by an avian vet.
Btw dowel perches and round cages aren’t good for birds so I would recommend getting a nice flight cage and some natural branches to help her feet.

Also your English is great!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Cilladark

Moving in
I’m not sure but it would probably be best checked out by an avian vet.
Btw dowel perches and round cages aren’t good for birds so I would recommend getting a nice flight cage and some natural branches to help her feet.

Also your English is great!
I know round cages are the worst thing :) She has big Cage now with new perches and nice set up so no worries. My friend used the round one for transport only.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I do not have experience with canaries. The balding and white urea build up near the vent is troubling Do you have access to an avian vet?