• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canary not Laying Eggs

Bobbymoko

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Robb Ewan
Hi first post and looking for a little advice. My cock bird is treading my hen regularly throughout the day .but she has a nest built he is feeding her ect ,but no eggs! Any ideas guys ? Iv given egg food calcium and greens but still no eggs!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Bobbymoko this is a 5 year old thread you’ve bumped up. It would get more answers if you created your own.

But to answer the question, it sounds like your hen wasn’t quite in breeding condition yet. That can be caused by lack of vitamins, lack of light cycle, or just — she isn’t ready yet. :) Give her time.

You say egg food, calcium. What about D3? Other vitamins/ minerals?

Bobbymoko

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Robb Ewan
@Bobbymoko this is a 5 year old thread you’ve bumped up. It would get more answers if you created your own.

But to answer the question, it sounds like your hen wasn’t quite in breeding condition yet. That can be caused by lack of vitamins, lack of light cycle, or just — she isn’t ready yet. :) Give her time.

You say egg food, calcium. What about D3? Other vitamins/ minerals?
Yes only just realised the thread .my bad ..but thanks for responding. Yes they are on a multi vitamin in water once a week. And I have a son who suffers from D3 deficiency so we have lights UB3 . So I feel im doing enough for the health of my birds it just confused me so I thought I would ask here .thanks though