• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canary Living Environment

dimisiak

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello everyone,
I have a canary for 3 years now and recently a small ''room'' in the house (about 1,5 square meters) which was used for storage is now empty. When I bought the canary and for the 3 years it has been living in my house it was in a cage. Would it be better if I renovated this room and moved my canary in or would it be too much space for the birdy to handle and actually have negative results?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hello, Welcome to the Avenue :)

It would be a bigger space for him/her, but they may get lonely in there all alone. In a cage in the living room they can see things going on during the day.

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
How big is the cage? Do you have any plans to get him a buddy?

Jogging around the block
I'm all for giving animals, birds especially, as much space as possible. It'd be great if you could give him that room.

But like other members said, considering he doesn't have a buddy that can change things a bit. Keeping him caged, but in a room where he can see people and things may be better for him.

I have birds in a room aviary, and that one thing I'd change about it is to have it connected to a room I usually stay in, so the birds can see and I can see the birds more often. But since that's more of a me thing, and my birds are all in flocks, I don't think they mind, but a lone bird might.

If you do think you will get him other birds, definitely go for it.