• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canary activities?

Frillbird

Meeting neighbors
Hello, I have a Dutch frill canary and he loves daily bathing, perching on a swing and eating Vitacraft crunch sticks. What do your canaries like to do?what do you recommend for additional activities for him. Thanks much

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I got Mel this great little house. He loves everything I have for Monaco (the ekkie) and seems to know that deep down he is a big bird. He's free flighted in my house most of the time. He still takes naps on my stacks of washcloths in the bathroom. He's getting really good at foraging. I hang his greens and millet in weird places, and put his food in several places. Occasionally he'll investigate vine rings and balls, and always checks monaco's toys and foragers to see what the fuss is about. I think he just wants to be involved in whatever is going on.
IMG_20200726_172115.jpg

The landing station:
IMG_20200727_190952.jpg

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
Since he's a boy does like like singing along to canary music? :) it would keep his mind stimulated and he might even learn some new songs. My canary has learned to match the tune in some of his favorite videos. :)

Here's a video of my brother playing with him. :)