• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canaries, Finches, Mynah, Possible Caiques

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Hi,
I haven't talked a lot on here about my illness. I had Covid in Nov/Dec., and still have the exhaustion. I also have other chronic illnesses, and now they have found these "spots" on my brain. We've been trying to get a diagnosis for those a couple months now.

Soooo
the flock is suffering, I cannot get the whole room/all cages/ all feeders and drinkers clean at the same time. I can't give enough attention. Some days I can't get out of bed!!
I'm going to rehome these, be aware that all my birds are used to LOTS of out of cage time, they also eat fresh veggies and eggs/egg food. I'm going to be picky so don't feel picked ON, I'm doing my homework. There are fees associated with each and they aren't cheap.
I read and signed the rehome agreement at the top of the page.

LOCATION: SW FLORIDA, shipping possible depending on the bird.

Canaries: 4 red mosaic agate, 1 pair red black classic, 2 yellow babies, 1 variegated baby.
Finches: 4 Gouldians or the whole flock possibly, 3 baby society finches.
One common Mynah, young, has started talking.
Pair of caiques: These are a maybe. I reserve the right to change my mind. They are used to LOTS of out of cage time. Not selling as breeders (they're pets) and not selling to let them sit in a cage. Must have toys and people interaction.
Aviary: by Oak Creek, called the Texan, I'll post their picture and then mine.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm not in a position to take anymore on but just wanted to send you :hug8:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry, finchly. The laws about bringing birds from the US to Canada are too restrictive even in non-COVID/ border closed times.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am at my limit. But good luck.
And bump.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I hope you will find the best home for all of them. In addition may your strength return and the brain things go away.

Jogging around the block
Those finches and canaries are beautiful, if only I wasn't on the other side of the world!
Good luck finding them the right homes. I'm so sorry that you are having to rehome them. Hoping that you can get well soon.
:hug8:

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
I'm so sorry you are having to rehome them, I hope you find them all amazing homes! Unfortunately I'm not at a place to take any more birds than what I have, otherwise I would be extremely interested in the caique pair. Best of luck on finding a safe place for them to land!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry to read that you are having health issues and hope things will improve soon. Also sorry that you need to rehome some of your birds and hope you will find wonderful homes for them.

Rædwalda

Strolling the yard
Really sorry to hear about this Finchly. Thanks for helping out so many people on this forum, including in my own threads.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
I read this and my heart went out to you... My husband felt the same...
Yes, Covid is no joke... you have tried for many months to keep things working-- that is TENACITY!
Please stay strong and GET BETTER! :grouphug:

ELC0316

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Erin L. Carrigan
Where are you in Florida? I also live in Florida and I have a big flight cage with canaries, so I could take the canaries and finches if they could all get along in the same cage. The mynah interests me too. You don’t see mynahs very often. My dad had one years ago and I got excited when I saw your mynah.

Please let me know.

I am in the Sarasota/Manatee area, just south of Tampa.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, finchly!! I'm so so sorry to read about this! I hope you get a diagnosis very soon!! How are you feeling besides completely and utterly exhausted?

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry to hear that you are having a tough time, I would've loved to have taken in the mynah or the caiques, but i don't think i can at the moment, I'll let you know if that changes. I sincerely hope that you feel better and that you find great homes for all of them. :sadhug2:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Where are you in Florida? I also live in Florida and I have a big flight cage with canaries, so I could take the canaries and finches if they could all get along in the same cage. The mynah interests me too. You don’t see mynahs very often. My dad had one years ago and I got excited when I saw your mynah.

Please let me know.

I am in the Sarasota/Manatee area, just south of Tampa.
Hi Erin, I'm in PUnta Gorda. We’re almost neighbors!

Oh, finchly!! I'm so so sorry to read about this! I hope you get a diagnosis very soon!! How are you feeling besides completely and utterly exhausted?
That’s about it! Exhausted! I start doing things and collapse. Right now, a spider bit me by the eye 9 days ago and I’m still on steroids. Which make me HOT, HATEFUL, and HUNGRY. :roflmao: I’m literally dripping with sweat.