• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canadian sources of safe rope - John?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cory
I want to use rope for different things for my birds. To use in toys, build nets, and just hang. I am able to get coconut rope, unoiled sisal rope, paper rope, and cotton rope from Parrotdise Perch. They sell rope up to 1/2" in diameter so those are good for making toys and for my smaller birds. I still need larger rope for making nets and hanging and such.

Does anyone know where I would be able to find untreated cotton, sisal, or manila rope that is around 1" or so in diameter? I was at Home Depot and I took a look at the manila rope they had and it smelled oiled to me. I haven't been anywhere else but I was searching on the internet and can't seem to find a reliable Canadian source. I'll ship from the US only if I REALLY have to.

John - I know you have ropes hanging in your bird room. Any advice? :)

Also, I'm going to need some tips as to how to secure and hang them properly. :)

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Try contacting Susan at Olivers Garden...this is the company that makes the Crawler and Rope Highways. Located in N.S.
Tell her what you're looking for; she is fantastic to deal with and I'm sure she can help!
Web: http://www.oliversgarden.com/

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I haven't bought thick rope in a couple of years now. When I did I bought lots so I wouldn't need to again for a while. I still have half a spool of 1 inch cotton. I was thinking of getting some more 3 inch hemp from here. That's where I got it last time but you need to pre order it and wait for it and then you also need to buy a full spool.

Hemp rope

Some one gave me a link to this place where they sell nice thick Sisal. Never ordered any from there yet.

Sisal Rope

Here's another link.

Knot and Rope Supply

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I have ordered from them and it did not take too long considering where I am and they sent it parcel post rather than priority mail

maybe I was just lucky this time :)

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
I have ordered from them and it did not take too long considering where I am and they sent it parcel post rather than priority mail

maybe I was just lucky this time :)
Oh good! It was about 5 years ago when we ordered from them. Our order actually came from the US....despite them being a few hours from us in western Canada:)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
that was kinda strange wasn't it - I ordered in Jan of this year, so maybe they have things straightened out

Cory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cory
I checked out some of the links and I'm still exploring them a little bit.

This one - Knot And Rope Supply Ltd. seems great since I can order Manila and Cotton of different sizes and legnths in one shot. I don't see it written anywhere though that it is untreated. Do you know this through someone else who has ordered or should I be contacting the company?

I know sometimes Manila rope is only treated in mineral oil which would be fine for the birds but I just want to be sure. :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
Healthybird.net is Canadian - I've only looked briefly at their selection - but I remember seeing different ropes available :)

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
i posted a place in canada and cant seem to find it but it was good prices ans you spoke to owner of it it was befor xmas im no good a tracing things but he carried every thing safe for birds
it on here if some one can find it

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
BRAIDLACE was the place and best price i could find contact him he will tell you shipping price every thing

Status
Not open for further replies.