• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canadian red bellied parrots!!

jeansie1988

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jeanette
Hi everyone!
I am trying to find a red bellied Parrot in Canada. Does anyone know of any current breeders or rescues that have any?
I do live in Ontario so if outside of my area the bird would have to be shipped. ( not sure of the process of this as I have never done this way before). Thanks for anyone who replies!!

MaxieTheBirdie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kevin Dolby

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I have a ton of family in Toronto, Scarborough, and Bancroft. I'll ask them to keep an eye out for you!

MaxieTheBirdie

Real Name
Kevin Dolby
Ill Look For More I Know This Is Weird Can I Have Your Town To Have A More Detailed Look lol

jeansie1988

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jeanette

MaxieTheBirdie

Real Name
Kevin Dolby
Are you keen on just a red bellied?
what about a conure?
Macaw?
Cockatoo?
Cockatiel?

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
Keoki was born on Oahu. Shipped to Maui. I’m not sure how many in his clutch but he was the only chick. I was very fortunate to find him. His breeder said that his pair doesn’t breed very often.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was going to suggest checking Toews Parrot Place, but the website seems to be down! Dang it.

The only other place I can find is Exotic Wings, but like you said they don't have Red Bellieds in very often.

Have you checked local rescues? I've encountered some incredibly rare species at parrot adoption organisations.

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
Thank you! Do you have any bird stores in your area. That may sound weird but when I lived in San Diego there were 3 bird stores. If you do, talk to them and see when the breeding season is for them. Keoki was born in August so I’d imagine July or summer is their breeding season. Or you could talk to a rescue.

jeansie1988

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jeanette
There is a rescue not close to me that has a red bellied and a Senegal... First they do home visits and I live like 7 hours away so ... And I don't really want a Senegal .. Just a red bellied. They are a bonded pair so they won't separate them and I would never ask them that.

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
I have a goffin, bh pionus and an Africa Grey... This specific species has been my dream bird well before 2013... They aren't common here and I'd love one.
I’ve had a Senegal when I really wanted a red-bellied poi. I just love his disposition. But he is a only 4 months old.

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
There is a rescue not close to me that has a red bellied and a Senegal... First they do home visits and I live like 7 hours away so ... And I don't really want a Senegal .. Just a red bellied. They are a bonded pair so they won't separate them and I would never ask them that.
I totally get it! I live on an island that has limited everything! lol The only parrots attainable here are parakeets, lovebirds, and conures. Not for me, although I do have, Gary, he is a rescue. When I got Keoki, he was the first bird I have ever shipped sight unseen (expect for photos
And a brief video) I do hope you find what you are looking for. Try bird stores either in your area or not too far away.