• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canadian breeder

Shyld

Meeting neighbors
Hey! I want to adopt a baby parrotlet, but Im in Canada and I didnt find any good breeder around... Could you guys help me find one? Thanks!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
There are a lot for sale on kijiji and Craigslist. I sometimes see babies posted there too.

Shyld

Meeting neighbors
Yeah, but you never know if they come from a good breeder.... Like what if its a bird mill??

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Yeah, but you never know if they come from a good breeder.... Like what if its a bird mill??
You ask for pictures of them handling their birds, other folks holding them, ECT. It can be difficult, but you can always turn down a bird if you go see them and decide otherwise.

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
Hey! I want to adopt a baby parrotlet, but Im in Canada and I didnt find any good breeder around... Could you guys help me find one? Thanks!

Where are you located? I'm in New Brunswick (just outside Fredericton) and the breeder I got Kalypso from is just 5 minutes up the road from me! Her name is Elaine and she is on Facebook - Precious Angels Aviary. Very nice lady. Her babies are hand raised. Kalypso has been tame from the start and is so wonderful.

Shyld

Meeting neighbors
Ill check her out! Im hoping to find a place that parent raise their chicks...

kialmac

Moving in
Real Name
Kyle
I've seen a few on Kijiji, but i am running into the same issue. Kijiji sometimes makes me hesitant, just because there are some bad bird breeders on it. I would say just go with your gut, don't be afraid to ask questions and know the signs of a sick bird :)

Max Rain

Meeting neighbors
Ill check her out! Im hoping to find a place that parent raise their chicks...
Why do you want a parent raised chick? Hand raised are usually tamer

Shyld

Meeting neighbors
Because the imprinting is more important to me than tbe fact that its tame. Many issues come from improper imprinting. They tend to chose humans as their mates which leads to agressivity towards other people, attachment issues, intense stress when the human "mate" leaves (the only reason a mate would leave in the wild would be a danger), refusing to accept a bird mate, etc. It also can lead to preening problems because they didnt learn to do it properly (by imitating their parents).