• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CAN YOU TELL ME EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COCKATEILS ,, URGENT!!!!!!

alyssanor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
alyssa
can you tell me everything i need to know about cockateils
how to take care of them
what to feed them and stuff like that

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
This is if you are able to quarantine your cockatiel from your budgies.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
can you tell me everything i need to know
You may find you get better responses if you do some research first, then come back here and ask about the specific things you are unsure about or can´t find answers for because it is hard to try and tell someone ¨everything¨.
Or ask peoples experiences with XYZ situations.
Or what they do RE XYZ.

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's quite a big ask! Before I got my cockatiels I looked at a website called Cockatiel Cottage, which is an amazing source of information on cockatiels. Once you've read pretty much everything on there, maybe come back if you have any further questions :)

DinoStormy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emma
can you tell me everything i need to know about cockateils
how to take care of them
what to feed them and stuff like that
Are you getting cockatiels??? I thought you already had two budgies?
Anyway I've found there are lots of youtubers for birds, some with cockatiels include; Saeshell and ElleandtheBirds. Flock talks is my favourite, she doesn't have any cockatiels though.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
You already have experience with budgies, diet and general care is virtually the same for cockatiels.
Now you have that info you can go to the cockatiel forum and do some research.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
If you don't have your research done, don't get the bird. You can't care for something if you don't know how.

alyssanor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
alyssa
You already have experience with budgies, diet and general care is virtually the same for cockatiels.
Now you have that info you can go to the cockatiel forum and do some research.
If you don't have your research done, don't get the bird. You can't care for something if you don't know how.
welp its too late , just brought home 2 cockatiels

BirdWorld

welp its too late , just brought home 2 cockatiels
And you didn’t wait until you know how to care for them? Please at least say you’re quarantining them from the budgies! If you can’t provide adequate care then why bother getting more birds?

alyssanor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
alyssa
And you didn’t wait until you know how to care for them? Please at least say you’re quarantining them from the budgies! If you can’t provide adequate care then why bother getting more birds?
i do not feel a need to keep them away from the budgies because just a month ago they were all together , i got the cockatiels from the same breeder

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
At the very least, do you know if the breeder has obtained any new birds, been to any bird shows or fairs, or been to other aviaries?

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
You should have researched weeks in advance rather than posting a thread saying you urgently need to know everything about cockatiels just to buy them a day after. There is a lot more to know about them that can't be learned within only a few hours of research. Did you even purchase the cage and supplies needed to house them?

BirdWorld

You should have researched weeks in advance rather than posting a thread saying you urgently need to know everything about cockatiels just to buy them a day after. There is a lot more to know about them that can't be learned within only a few hours of research. Did you even purchase the cage and supplies needed to house them?
Exactly. This is a total impulse buy and I do not approve of this.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
And this is my problem with AA. The OP has the birds: the horse has left the barn. In a perfect world, the OP'd have done research, quarantined the new birds, etc. However, we don't live in a perfect world, and there have been many impulse buys here. Because the OP didn't appear to "save" the cockatiels from a bad situation, we're going to vilify them? I say NO.

Instead of bashing them, offer specific help or encouragement, so the birds get what they need. If you can't do that, move on.

I'm not a cockatiel person, but I can tell you they will benefit from a diet of pellets, chop, sprouts; weekly baths, toys and other opportunities for enrichment, and patience. Good luck with your birds. Find all the information you can.

Cockatiel Corner

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:agreed:

If we want new bird people to stay on AA & learn, we can't bash them. No one takes advice from someone being mean. They'll just take their birds & go (metaphorically) home. Good teachers are kind, even when they disagree with their students.