• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can you put 2 female Quakers together?

Best Bird

Walking the driveway
So I have a Quaker already and I don’t know if my Quaker is female or male. I’m about to get a Quaker who is male and another Quaker who is female. But if the Quaker I have right now is female, will I be able to house a male with 2 female Quakers? Or will there be many a bloody battle and missing feathers…

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You should never put a new bird straight into a cage with another bird. They do not always take kindly to new residents and can seriously injure each other. The new additions should have their own cages to start and if they choose to live together, then you can take a cage away as needed.

Three birds, regardless of gender, may fight in a a cage, and you'd need a rather large cage or aviary to house that many.

Best Bird

Walking the driveway
You should never put a new bird straight into a cage with another bird. They do not always take kindly to new residents and can seriously injure each other. The new additions should have their own cages to start and if they choose to live together, then you can take a cage away as needed.

Three birds, regardless of gender, may fight in a a cage, and you'd need a rather large cage or aviary to house that many.
I have 3 separate cages that are both 5 foot tall and 4foot wide with lots of toys for each bird. I mainly wanted to know if being in the same room would bother them because my room is 13x13 and I’ve never had more than 1 Quaker before. I have 3 budgies and they are 2 females and a male and they all get along but I just wasn’t sure if that situation would work for quakers.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have 3 separate cages that are both 5 foot tall and 4foot wide with lots of toys for each bird. I mainly wanted to know if being in the same room would bother them because my room is 13x13 and I’ve never had more than 1 Quaker before. I have 3 budgies and they are 2 females and a male and they all get along but I just wasn’t sure if that situation would work for quakers.
The height is nowhere near as important as the length and the width. What is the length of the cage?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's really going to be dependent on the birds. Is one going to be okay with being a third wheel? Is one going to be more territorial? Will you have a throuple? It's really impossible to know.