• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can three conures live together?

annoellyn

Walking the driveway
I assume the answer is no but could a single conure live with a bonded pair? I am looking to adopt a conure that would hopefully eventually share the same cage with Jupiter (eventually) and I've across a bonded pair needing a home. I am going to have two flight cages but would out ever be a possibility that they would all live together or no? I'm assuming jealousy would be the main issue?

And they are a breeding pair. How do you manage a pair that can breed?

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I'm also interested in this. I love conures!

Reactions: Ali

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Jealousy and being a territorial species will work against you. That being said, threesomes are not unheard of. I would think though that bringing home a bonded pair puts your current guy as odd man out for the foreseeable future

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I assume the answer is no but could a single conure live with a bonded pair? I am looking to adopt a conure that would hopefully eventually share the same cage with Jupiter (eventually) and I've across a bonded pair needing a home. I am going to have two flight cages but would out ever be a possibility that they would all live together or no? I'm assuming jealousy would be the main issue?

And they are a breeding pair. How do you manage a pair that can breed?
If a pair is bonded, or not, three is a crowd in a flight cage. Two males are highly likely to fight in the presence of a female. Even females will fight for the mating rights with a male. These birds do congregate in flocks in the wild, and they have the option of flying a distance away from each other over squabbles. In our enclosed spaces this isn't much of an option for them to escape an attack.

Congratulations on the little pineapple guy. Will you have a flight cage for this new bird and a flight for Jupiter? Don't forget to quarantine!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I have three in a cage but it took time and only because Kari wanted to be friends with Amada who was friends first with Julip. I have never had good luck with bonded pairs being open to friendship outside their bond.

the pineapple baby is beautiful. Congrats!

annoellyn

Walking the driveway
If a pair is bonded, or not, three is a crowd in a flight cage. Two males are highly likely to fight in the presence of a female. Even females will fight for the mating rights with a male. These birds do congregate in flocks in the wild, and they have the option of flying a distance away from each other over squabbles. In our enclosed spaces this isn't much of an option for them to escape an attack.

Congratulations on the little pineapple guy. Will you have a flight cage for this new bird and a flight for Jupiter? Don't forget to quarantine!
Yep, got a second cage all set up in another room at the moment ready for new birdy. I hope they get along!