• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can parrotlets live in the same area as a budgie

medibirds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Luis M.
*keep in mind i said same area instead of same cage*

So i have been considering these little birds for quite some time, and even though they are l o u d, i would still consider it as a bird to add to my flock, but the question is that do these little guys get along with budgies? im a little worried that aspen would have his territorial-ness take over and cause a grody scene.

There is also the fact that parrotlets have a big beak, bigger than things like budgies, so theres the lovebird effect ( the lovebird effect is where other bird species have bigger beaks than current birds, so things can get out of hand fast. it gets its name from how lovebirds and budgies are a no-go since the beak sizes are one of the main problems.) as well.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I'm not sure if the old world-new world problem is likely to be an issue here.

@Hankmacaw

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Lived together for years. It boils down to whether the birds like or don’t like each other.

B16F6821-F534-48C7-8929-89267C14DC08.jpeg

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
My Parrotlet and my Teils were in the same room for years and got along fine. A lot depends on the birds though. You'd need to keep a close eye on them until you are sure they can ands will get along. A P'let could kill and Budgie in the blink of an eye.

DSC01093.JPG

Reactions: Ali

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Why'd I have the notion that parrotlets are itty bitty?! That blue one dwarfs the budgie!