• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can I use anything scented

Eggburt Dobson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Marisa
I know being in a room with a candle is bad for birds as well as air fresheners, but is there any type of scented product I could put in my home that wouldn't be toxic to my bird?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Put a SS pot of water on the stove, add in some orange peels, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
You can also use a crockpot.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Same here, cinnamon, orange peels, lemon peels I don't like cloves, anise is delightful

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can always throw in some Camomile tea bags or orange spice tea bags in a pot of hot water. Just don't let it run outta water (that can be a problem for everyone. Had it happen once or twice over tbe years pre-Buddy. I just happen to love making the humidity teas, make it smell nice & relaxing. (Just like a good cup of herbal tea) minus the honey!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Cleaning with vinegar, and for the air there is nothing more beautiful to smell then cinnamon in water here low on the stove.

Dusting removes dander, vacuuming will with carpet. I have 3 dogs in the house, no carpet aside from area rugs, I damp mop my floors 4 times a week! And dust furniture thr same intervals.

I wipe down walls in traffic areas where the dogs go. Keeps the walls clean and dust sticks to walls too

Room air purifiers also help.