• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can I Stop Handfeeding Rio..She's Refusing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandy2103

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Brandy
yep, I know about weighing her. Thanks so much Mercedez. :highfive: :hug8: I just went and ordered the ingredients! Whoa mucho $$$$$! :omg: She is one expensive girl, but worth every penny. :heart: I do have to save for her big girl cage this weekend! :heart: Goodnight All!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
Asariel just turned 4 months old snap peas green beans carrots sweet potatos squash corn carrot tops romaine lettace beetgreens peppers kale blueberrys mango apples pinaple grapes pappya cashews almonds walnuts hazelnuts brazil nuts macadamian nuts 7rice and 18 bean mash zupreem fruity pellets pasta eggs potato tomato a little bitof seed mix cantalope pomagrante and many other foods my birds basicly eat a bowl of fruit and veggies in the morning along with some kind of bread like multi grain toast or birdy bread if I've had time to make it. after their fruit & veggies I fill their bowls with nuts pellets and 1/4 cup of seed mix they also get banana chips and dried papya mixed in. Then at dinner time I always give them a warm mash along with anything healthy that we are having. Asariel has been refusing her afternoon feeding but if I don't give it to her I've noticed that she eats more formula at her night feeding and she wants it 2 hours earlyier than normal. So I do offer the afternoon feeding and sometimes she will take 20 to 25 cc's she still ets 50 to 60 cc's in the morning and at night without to much fuss.She certinaly loves to cuddle and will lay in my arms and fall asleep it so sweet I hate to move when she's asleep on me so I'm finding it hard to get thins done. if she's not snuggling she is flying all over the house with me chaseing her around watching that she doesn't getinto mischeif. I don't envy you when your baby fledges thats when she will really keepyou on your toes. Its just so much fun and so much worry at the same time. I have to watch my little angel like a hawk. Just like you baby she is only in her cage for maybe an hour or two a day and at bed time. You just gotta love them though they are just the most precious little Imps on the face of the earth. My breeder said that Asariel was the most out going baby macaw she had this year she said compared to her sister her sister is like a couch potato. Asariel was the younger of the 2 but within no time she was the smartest and most active and when it came to getting attention and cuddles Asariel was much more social than her sister was

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.