• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can I pet Budgies, Finches, Java sparrows in same room in different cages?

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Hello, I have few pair of budgies and cockatiels in different cages in same room. But now, I want to pet finches and java sparrows in budgie's room in different cages. Can I will face any problem or my budgie will get disease from finches and java sparrows?? Thanks

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Yes, you will need to quarantine them and get a health check from an avian vet. After the recommended quarantine time period, they should be fine to live in the same room as long as they are in different cages and get along well. :)

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
as long as they are in different cages and get along well. :)
Once you have the new birds quarantined if they don't get along in any way you must be prepared to house them in a different room. Any anxiety in any of the birds will be a mahoosive problem.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Many birds do not like to be touched so please do not be surprised if they do not want your touch. If they try to get away from your hand let them and know that it is not a rejection of you personally.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Many birds do not like to be touched so please do not be surprised if they do not want your touch. If they try to get away from your hand let them and know that it is not a rejection of you personally.
I think OP meant "get" not pet. I think he is interested in "getting" more birds and housing them in the same room as his current birds.
But I could be wrong because I see the same typo in the thread title. :).

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Yes, you will need to quarantine them and get a health check from an avian vet. After the recommended quarantine time period, they should be fine to live in the same room as long as they are in different cages and get along well. :)
after successfully qurantine can i set in same room in different cage its safe for my parakeets?i heard finch spread more disease.

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
after successfully qurantine can i set in same room in different cage its safe for my parakeets?i heard finch spread more disease.
Yes after the quarantine and checkup at an avian vet it should be fine as long as they don't go outside or see a lot of different people. If they stay inside and only see you and a few family members or friends I don't see where they could catch disease

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
@Dona i think you are right but I would say “put” versus “get.”

Please make sure you also have the avian vet check them as suggested. Sometimes birds can carry disease and look totally healthy. The only way to know for certain, is to have the birds tested and also quarantined.

Best of luck whatever you decide :)

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
so if i done successfully quarantine and health check can i pet both parakeets and finch,java sppraow in same room in diffrrent cages with out any problem my parakeets?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
so if i done successfully quarantine and health check can i pet both parakeets and finch,java sppraow in same room in diffrrent cages with out any problem my parakeets?
I don't think anyone can answer that. It depends on the birds themselves. Every bird has it's own personality, and this can't be predicted.

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Basically, yes I think it should be safe when it comes to disease, but if they feel safe together as a flock depends on their personalities :)