• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can i leave my cag alone duing work hours with the tv playing?

Izzybee

Meeting neighbors
Just finding info i couldn’t find when i searched on google, planning ahead!

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
We leave the radio on for our conures whenever we are both gone. Christian music only. Do not need them saying bad words. ☺

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I do this but set the TV timer for 4 hours maximum because I feel like maybe they need quiet time as well. I make sure it turns off before it gets dark.

Izzybee

Meeting neighbors
I do this but set the TV timer for 4 hours maximum because I feel like maybe they need quiet time as well. I make sure it turns off before it gets dark.
Thats a good point ill have to get a timer! Lol or maybe ill just put on a 4/5 hour video of...something on my apple tv...we will leave movies for night time

Gazimon

Sprinting down the street
Wonder what advertisement jingles he'll pick up. :birdance:

BUY NOW FOR 69.90 ONLY~ :dance4:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@DoubleTake has remote control of his TV and stereo from outside the house so when he is not home he can check his camera and change the TV channel or turn it off and put music on accordingly.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It also depends on how long you're going to be out of the house. Leaving a lone bird on their own for hours and hours isn't good for it.

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
We have a streaming subscription to Disney, so I turn on Disney movies. :flowgdnc:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Emmie likes Animal Planet and has gotten interested in the forest rangers. He always did like cop shows: What ya going to do when they come for you????

Izzybee

Meeting neighbors
It also depends on how long you're going to be out of the house. Leaving a lone bird on their own for hours and hours isn't good for it.
I know that, i plan to come home during lunch break and let him fly for a while tire him out, give him lunch and change tv to music for him. I am going to try my best to keep him entertained and happy ;):heart: ps im also adopting so not necessarily an african grey could be an eclectus or similar!