• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can i keep parakeets and finch, java sparrow in same room

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Hi
This my another post.i pet parakeet speciesin my bird room.ihave budgues,cockatie, lovebirds.now i purchase some finch and java. But my one relative said its not good for parakeets health.finches and java spread many Disease in parakeets species. Its really true?if yes how i control it spread diseases finch,java to parakeets? Can any body here this forum who keept both parakeets and finches? Please knock me. Thanks.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@finchly has both I think.

Remember, any new bird must be quarantined, and taken to the vet to be tested for diseases/illnesses.

Be very careful with those lovebirds in the same room. During flight time, don´t let the lovebirds land on any other cages or other birds land on the lovebirds cages. (Ps, please introduce them on Lovebird Lane | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum :) )

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Hi, so in your bird room, are they in cages or do all free fly? I would worry if all are flying together in the room. If that's what you are doing - provide LOTS of plants, trees, hiding spots. You can't have lovebirds loose with the others so they need a separate out-of-cage time. Then among your others, the parakeets are pushy. I don't think they will hurt finches, at least mine haven't but they could certainly guard the food so the finches don't get any.
Parakeet
Java
finch
cockatiels
lovebirds

Parakeets/budgies and cockatiels should all get along so they can be out together. Javas and finches can "maybe" be with those. My finches are out occasionally and I don't have any species that bothers with them.

If you are using cages, you don't want to put a hookbill with a non-hookbill. So no parakeets/budgies with Javas or finches, no lovebirds with finches. Don't put lovebirds with cockatiels (tiels are laid back and lovebirds are more pushy).

Now about disease. If you quarantine and do all the treatments during quarantine for: mites, parasites, protozoa, etc. then I don't know what illness would go to the parakeets. Do you know exactly what your cousin was talking about? I googled a little but I don't see anything and I am not aware of anything. Here is a little bit about quarantine, it says finches but it's the same thing for all. And this one tells exactly which medicines to use in order.