• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can I find out the age of my GCC from his leg band?

gabikorlin

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Gabi
One of my GCC’s was given to me by my little sister when she moved. She got him from Petsmart. He was fairly young when she got him. I am trying to figure out his hatch date, and he has a leg band but i’m not sure if there is anyway I can figure out his age with the information on it. It says BBF 9884. Its gold/yellowish. If anyone is knowledgeable about the leg bands, please let me know. thank you !! (he’s the yellow sided)

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hey Gabi, Welcome to the Avenue!

I think this will help, it was written by another member in a prev. thread asking the same question as you;

If you got your bird at Petsmart and the band letters are BBF then most likely came from Barney's Bird Farm aka Barney's Pets and Supplies located in Chino, CA.
Sometimes they have paperwork. You can contact Barney's and see if they can give you any information. I remember reading, though, that they haven't been that cooperative when others have tried to get information from them.

Address: 13325 Benson Ave, Chino, CA 91710
Phone: (909) 591-4200
Source; Breeder band