• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can GC conures and budgies get along

Carp5699

Meeting neighbors
First off I'm not sure if this is the forum to post this on, but I was scrolling through Craigslist and came across a green cheek conure that was recently posted. Didn't expect to, but I kinda really want it now. Though I doubt I'll actually be able to get it depending on how my parents feel about it. And also, I'm not sure how well it would get along with my budgie. I know for sure I wouldn't keep them together in one cage, luckily for me if I were to get it , the conure comes with it's cage. But what I want to know is how an average green cheek conure and budgie get along with eachother if they share the same room. I read somewhere that green cheeks are more likely to get along with budgies, but I want to be sure, and what better place to ask than a site full of people who might have both a green cheek and budgie?

So if you have a GCC and a budgie, or have experience or knowledge on this, please share your thoughts and/or said knowledge.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
GCCs are 'new world' birds = less dusty. Budgies are 'old world' = more dusty. So, this isn't a combo anyone should deliberately set out to do.

Have you considered a new budgie neighbour? There are always lots for rehoming online. :)

Carp5699

Meeting neighbors
Not yet, I still need time to bond with him before he gets a new friend and forgets about me. I'm just trying to see what options I have for when there's a time I could get another bird that isn't a budgie.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
As far as general temperament goes the GCC bird is wanting to be the boss of all the other birds and in my experience can be aggressive to that other bird. I think GCC for the most part
is a same species bird.

Carp5699

Meeting neighbors
Ah, I see. So what birds go well with budgies, other than budgies?