• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can Cockatiels Talk To Conures?

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
So I am wondering if cockatiels flock call/chat with conures. I'm thinking green cheek conures, but I am curious about all species and their interactions. Felix screams at Peep constantly, drives me nuts. I am just wondering.:cautious:

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Well I used to care for a Conure named Sammy and he talked to Baylee and Baylee to him even though they never met they were in different rooms but they could hear each other and still talked well I actually think it was more related to me like Baylee heard me talking to the other bird and she begun calling me and when Sammy heard I was with Baylee he would call me lol. I felt like if I was cheating lol.

Last edited:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Well I used to care for a Conure named Sammy and he talked to Baylee and Baylee to him even though they never met they were in different rooms but they could hear each other and still talked well I actually think it was more related to me like Baylee heard me talking to the other bird and she begun calling me and when Sammy heard I was with Baylee he would call me lol. I felt like if I was cheating lol.
Hm. That is interesting!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
While they may not have a true conversation, they probably can talk better than you or I can talk to them. I know I have conversations with Ripley but he could probably have a conversation with another parrot species more easily :)

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I guess it just depends then.
Although lovebirds and conures sound like they understand each other a little bit better.

BirdWorld

Hmm, interesting topic. I once left my budgies with a friend for two weeks and she later reported that they were having conversations with her guinea pigs lol. While that sounds adorable, I very much doubt they were actually talking. :hilarious:

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
Hmm, interesting topic. I once left my budgies with a friend for two weeks and she later reported that they were having conversations with her guinea pigs lol. While that sounds adorable, I very much doubt they were actually talking. :hilarious:
That way Neelu-Peelu instruct Cheeku in what to do and what not to do :teacher: . And it works! :shocking:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
While it's impossible for one species to 'talk' to another we can witness communication every day. Almost every species will recognise the head bob, or begging for food.

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
My budgie learned my tiel’s song and they do it back and forth at each other until Jas gets mad that he’s being outdone and starts yelling. He can out-volume Konrad when all else fails! :roflmao:
that’s just normal mimicry, though, which budgies are often good at anyway.

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
Poppy will respond to the tiels vocalizations. If russet is singing past bedtime, she gets very upset and yells at him to go to sleep. And when the boys contact call, she joins in.

They don't respond to her much in return though. Poor little croaky girl, they are so exclusionary to her.