• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

can anyone tell by my pics if this is a parrotlet or a lovebird? She’s a rescue. Thx

Lynn

Moving in
Real Name
Lynn Kyne
Hello! Can anyone tell me if this little rescue is a Parrotlet or Lovebird? Thank you!! Lynn

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's an adorable Lovebird. @Zara can probably tell you exactly what genus of Lovie she is :heart:

Lynn

Moving in
Real Name
Lynn Kyne
hello! I’m new to this site & was was referred to you. We think this sweetie is a lovebird, but wondering if you know what kind & of you could tell her age range by her color/markings? She is a rescue, we’ve been fostering her now for a few months. Thank you! Lynn

Attachments

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
hello! I’m new to this site & was was referred to you. We think this sweetie is a lovebird, but wondering if you know what kind & of you could tell her age range by her color/markings? She is a rescue, we’ve been fostering her now for a few months. Thank you! Lynn
You're at the right place. I'll tag someone experienced. @Zara

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Looks like a pretty peach faced lovebird. I'm really bad at mutations so I'm not even going to try. As far as age goes, no way to really tell. It doesn't look old though, my guess is a few years old.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I think she is a kind of lutino lovebird. Parrotlets are tiny and come in solid colors. From what I know, it is typically hard to guess age unless the are very young or elderly.
1661219825475.png
Young parrotlet

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She is a cute lovebird. @Zara is our lovie expert

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
She's an adorable Lovebird. @Zara can probably tell you exactly what genus of Lovie she is :heart:
As Brain and other said, definitely a lovebird.

I think she is a kind of lutino lovebird.
Maybe a Cinnamon Ino AquaTurquoise... Rump seems blue but I can´t see if it´s purple. Can´t quite tell the flight feathers colour either.
But the beak looks like a Turquoise birds beak, so some sort of Turquoise Ino could be possible..
It´s sometimes easier to work out mutations when we know what the parents are at least visible for.

Lynn

Moving in
Real Name
Lynn Kyne
As Brain and other said, definitely a lovebird.

Maybe a Cinnamon Ino AquaTurquoise... Rump seems blue but I can´t see if it´s purple. Can´t quite tell the flight feathers colour either.
But the beak looks like a Turquoise birds beak, so some sort of Turquoise Ino could be possible..
It´s sometimes easier to work out mutations when we know what the parents are at least visible for.
Great information, thank you so much!! Her coloring is just not as bold & striking as other lovebird I’ve seen, so I wasn’t sure if her color would change at all. I have noticed the peach on-top her head has spread out a little more. the rump in person looks more of a grey. Flight feathers also look shades of grey. So hard to get a good photo, as she won’t let me handle her yet. I’ll keep trying.;) Thanks again,I really appreciate everyone’s help.