• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

can anyone suggested to me a healthy diet

shoog

Strolling the yard
Real Name
shoog
can you please suggested to me a healthy diet for a budgie and a lovebird? or include your daily diet with your birds in here? and what about the breeding season, should I keep sticking with my same diet?
my diet with my birds has been a random one with multiple veggies like cucumber, carrot, lettuce, strawberry, sometimes ( and not often ) an orange, and many many others with a one boiled egg which I give then once a week and a mashed potato with no extras.
and my diet seems pretty random and sometimes unorganized, I wanted to make it more routine-like, but I couldn't figure out which should be eaten more often than which, so can anyone help with this diet? or is every bird different than the other?
ps: I have a most likely male budgie and what appears like a female lovebird.
anyway I really could use some help with it, and thank you

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Pellets, seeds/nuts, and vegetable chop :)

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
i feed pellets, vegetables, and grains daily and nuts, seeds, and herbs a couple times a week. i like to mix it up everyday, it keeps them happy and interested :)

Pistachio

Meeting neighbors
I feed roudybush/Harrison’s pellets during the day, and chop at night. I suggest you explore the feathered food court section for good chop recipes. I also feed seeds for treats during training and I also incorporate them into chop. If you don’t do much training, you could also feed seeds as dinner mixed with pellets.