• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can a peach-fronted conure live with a cockatiel?

Duda

Moving in
Real Name
Eduarda
Hey guys, so I have three cockatiels... They live loose in a room of their own plus a very large place in the garden, which is closed. I want to buy a peach fronted conure, but I don't have cages to separate them and I wanted to breed them together. As I have a space of more or less 100m², would it be a problem? thanks in advance

sootling

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
Please do not house cockatiels with conures. Cockatiels are extremely sensitive (and somewhat helpless compared to other parrots) and can even be bullied by budgies.

As for the breeding, conures and cockatiels cannot have offspring together. It is impossible, as they are from different genus's, and even attempting may result in the cockatiel’s injury or death.

Edit: if they truly have that much space 24/7, and the tiels can get away, it may work, however they should not be housed in the same cage EVER. Supervision would also be needed when first meeting.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Cockatiel dust can also cause respiratory infection and even death in conures.

Duda

Moving in
Real Name
Eduarda
Please do not house cockatiels with conures. Cockatiels are extremely sensitive (and somewhat helpless compared to other parrots) and can even be bullied by budgies.

As for the breeding, conures and cockatiels cannot have offspring together. It is impossible, as they are from different genus's, and even attempting may result in the cockatiel’s injury or death.

Edit: if they truly have that much space 24/7, and the tiels can get away, it may work, however they should not be housed in the same cage EVER. Supervision would also be needed when first meeting.
Yeah, they really have all that space... I thought about seeing some aviaries with different birds together and all, but I'm just learning.

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade