• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can’t keep budgie (Home found #11)

DaisyPeach

Meeting neighbors
Hey everyone, I recently got a sweet nee budgie, but she is exceptionally loud, and I have gotten a noise complaint from the apartment complex. My other bird was okayed and was never an issue with the noise, but she is louder and I guess it made too many people mad. I feel it’s very unfair since I was told I could keep birds, but there isn’t much I can do, and my lease won’t be up for a while. I don’t know what to do, I don’t know of any rescues in the area that I trust, and I feel so so awful returning her, I don’t know how I will live myself. I am asking around if anyone can take her in, or even house her until I can move, but nothing so far. I am devastated.

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
I can't help with re-homing. But was the complaint for noise before/after a specific time, or is it that they're saying she's just too loud even for the middle of the day?

If it's a time of day thing, I deliberately manage my birds' daylight hours so that their noisy periods take place before 9 pm and after 7 am. It may be worth looking into whether she can stay as long as she's quiet during some agreed upon quiet hours.

If not, I'm sorry. That really is an unfortunate situation.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I think if you want someone in AA who can re-home your bird or keep it until you can find a home you need to put in what city you live in, most of the time this is not suggested. But if you lived close by like a hour or two id likely take care of your bird

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Could you give us some more info on state of the bird, cage toys ect ect. Sometimes birds are loud for a reason

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've moved your thread to an area for rehoming your budgie, and added the species to the title so people know what you're offering!

The more information you provide, the easier it will be to find a well suited home.

Additionally, please read and sign this: ***READ THIS and Sign PRIOR to Posting Your Bird for Rehoming****

DaisyPeach

Meeting neighbors
Hi guys! There is a time limit on returns, so I don’t have a lot of time. My sister may be able to take her, I am trying to make that work. Thank you all for your kind words.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaisyPeach

Meeting neighbors
Could you give us some more info on state of the bird, cage toys ect ect. Sometimes birds are loud for a reason
Hey, she has toys she plays with, and a moderately sized cage, I let her out to fly and exercise. She is loud constantly, and I think it is just because she is lonely in quarantine. If my other bird sings even a little she freaks out, squawking and contact calling and that weird tcchhh noise that idk if anyone knows what I am talking about, but my other bird does it sometimes too.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Is it the bird in your avitar? More photos would help also.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
What type of bird is ur other bird?

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I have a idea! I don't live close to you, but maybe you can keep your bird! Maybe you can play some soft music, because when a budgie sings to music it is soft and white beautiful. My birds love singing music

DaisyPeach

Meeting neighbors
Hey everyone, I recently got a sweet nee budgie, but she is exceptionally loud, and I have gotten a noise complaint from the apartment complex. My other bird was okayed and was never an issue with the noise, but she is louder and I guess it made too many people mad. I feel it’s very unfair since I was told I could keep birds, but there isn’t much I can do, and my lease won’t be up for a while. I don’t know what to do, I don’t know of any rescues in the area that I trust, and I feel so so awful returning her, I don’t know how I will live myself. I am asking around if anyone can take her in, or even house her until I can move, but nothing so far. I am devastated.
Hey everyone! My sister got back to me and can take her in! Thank you so much to everyone!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
That is awesome that you can keep your bird in the family.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you're still looking for a home, putting your state or province would help.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez

Zara