• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Camelina Seed !!!

Fife3000

Strolling the yard
I finally found camelina seed again in bulk. It is similar in traits to chia seeds. To my surprise, it is being sold by a seed company, a couple hours from my home.
Albert Lea Seed (alseed.com) out of Minnesota. It is 2.50/lb. My canaries absolutely love this tiny, oily seed. When wet it does gel like chia. It has an earthy taste.
It can be used for cooking. Same size as chia, but light brown in color. It is great for conditioning and as part of the general diet. I tried posting a picture from my mac, but no luck.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Glad you found what you were looking for :)

Fife3000

Strolling the yard
My 20 lbs of camelina is arriving Tuesday. I ordered more since it is damn hard to find. Plus it has a long shelf life.
In regards to my Australian blend by Goldenfeast, I would not order it again. Cheaper to make my own mix and more fun. At least its sealed in an airtight bucket so will last a long time. My next big purchase will be perilla seed. Once my supplier is stocked I will order several lbs. Perilla is easy for birds to shell. My canaries go crazy for perilla and camelina.

Jogging around the block
Your birds will be happy! They are very well cared for :) I have considered making my own mix a few times, but eventually gave up not being able to find the seed , or any that would ship all the way to here for that matter!

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
Glad you found it! :)