• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Calling out all Michigan AA members, and anyone else interested. 100 rescued parrots !!!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Hmmm, that is weird. I'm on my mobile phone and when I click it it says - Uh oh something went wrong on our end
I just tried it on my phone and I was taken to my Amazon app without any issues. The rescue has been part of my friend's list, though, so I dont know if thats why there is a problem for you. Maybe try again later?

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@Hawk12237 I don't know her address. She did post today that they don't use foster homes, but I do know she said she had sent the finches and cockatiels away for a friend to adopt out for her, so she may have a need for that after all.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I agree about not using the puppy pads. They are similar to the bed pads used for people. They are intent on being absorbent so if the bird does ingest the filling it could swell up inside the bird. I bought some for doby to have in his bin but the next day it was shredded, scared me to death. About the horrible situation with the hoarded birds..first off..thank God they were rescued, second, I'm not finding much info. I see there is a list of what the rescue needs but are these birds going to be available for rehoming any time soon? I imagine they all need to be vetted and an attempt to find some sort of history. I have relatives in that area that may want to foster or take in a bird/birds. Since Birds and Beaks is run out of a home they may need people to foster these birds pretty quick

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
News Story-Bird Hoarding in MI | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

I dont know if Admin can merge these two threads together (@itzmered ?), but here are some basics:

- The rescue is beyond capacity, so it is putting up the birds for adoption as soon as they clear medical.
- The rescue does not have anything set up for fosters.
- The rescue would like people who are interested to first fill out an adoption form. I have gone through the adoption process previously and I received a response fairly quickly.

KiwiandLemony

Walking the driveway
I checked their available adoptable birds, and I gotta say I’m intrigued especially with Napoleon and Olliebug (such a cute name!) I’m dying over here in the cuteness. Like @TikkiTembo said, whichever bird clicks with us, like I said before it hasn't been too long since we got our guys so I’m not so sure I can help. I’m still underage so I’d have to talk to my family, with a whole lot persuasion. I’d love to help them all but we aren’t ready to take on anyone but Olliebug, Napoleon, or Paulie, I think I can donate though. It’s amazing that their getting so much publicity, with all these people adopting and donating!

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
@Hjarta5 , you're right, I did miss that part! Well, I guess I'll send my videos tomorrow and explain our lives right now. We know that we'd love to add to our flock, and we know we want to rescue, so hopefully a baby doesn't disqualify us. We've got an amazing routine down, and while having a baby changes things a bit, it's super important that we keep life as normal as we can for our older daughter AND for our pets. Honestly, caring for the birds and enjoying their company is the highlight of my day most of the time, as being a stay at home mom can flat out suck some times! They are my special buddies who give love in unique ways...One day Tootie will figure out his way,until then, he shows love by not biting :hehe: I know we may seem like we're a little nutty for even considering adding another, but we're a family team and we all do our part to care for our pets, even Ellen who feeds the dog and cats, and is the chief of cleaning chicken poop off the deck with a hose :lol:
No matter what, it makes me proud to know that someone in our state runs such a wonderful operation and will find homes for these birdies, even if she decides it's not with us.

Your posts always put a smile on my face :) You’re a very kindhearted human. I know how miserable the end of pregnancy can be (been there twice lol) and you’re still focused on helping others :heart:

Good luck to all of you trying to adopt /foster and especially to these poor babies who have already been through so much!

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
I'm being invited to the GR location to meet birds! There's one they think we'll like based on my husband's fantasy bird....A rainbow Lorikeet! :omg: He's going to pee his pants with excitement when he gets home!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm being invited to the GR location to meet birds! There's one they think we'll like based on my husband's fantasy bird....A rainbow Lorikeet! :omg: He's going to pee his pants with excitement when he gets home!!
Awesome! I hope it works out! :fairy2:
You’ll have to catch your hubby on video!:rofl:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I have my fingers crossed :)

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Fun little bird, they'll pee in their pants too! Hopefully it will work out since they can be bird aggressive towards other species. Good luck and have with your visit.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@DoubleTake I'm expecting the poor thing will need tons of rehab after being in that hoarding home...Maybe not hand tame at all, maybe aggressive with other birds, and of course that crazy Lory noise and poop! I did see him in a cage with others when they were seized, but that may have been only for transport.

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
@DoubleTake I'm expecting the poor thing will need tons of rehab after being in that hoarding home...Maybe not hand tame at all, maybe aggressive with other birds, and of course that crazy Lory noise and poop! I did see him in a cage with others when they were seized, but that may have been only for transport.
Hope everything works out and you enrich each other's lives. :grouphug2: