• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Calling out all Michigan AA members, and anyone else interested. 100 rescued parrots !!!!

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I used to live not far from it years back. Didn't know they moved!
Yeah, there were issues with unannounced visitors. She is still in Battle Creek, but not downtown anymore.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
They are off orchard ave...

Last edited by a moderator:

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I will be sending to my cousins in Michigan. I hope they all get appropriate forever homes. If my cousins get I will send them tons of supplies too just to sweeten the deal.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Any ideas if there will be fundraising for this situation. I tend to give to animal charities every few weeks so I would be willing to help them out. I may be from Texas but Michigan will always be where my heart is.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@Hawk12237 yes, she won't allow unannounced visitors anymore. Apparently she also had people calling to 'buy' birds today, thinking they can skip the application process. :huh: But it sounds like between the recent hoarding situations, she must have at least 120 birds in her home. I've been FB messaging with them this morning, they've got an insane amount of applications in from all the publicity. There are some of her birds listed on Petfinder.com, but none from hoarding situations, as I think they're still in the process of figuring out who is who and what they are like. The ones on Petfinder sound like owner surrenders. My husband is in love with the bare eyed cockatoo who is 36 years old. I told him he's a psycho :hehe: Anyways, we submitted our application a few weeks ago, sent our video home tour today, which was interesting with a 2.5 year old being her usual crazy self in every frame...and they responded thanking me for all of my honesty and being candid about having another baby, and my birds and daughter are adorable. We're open to so many different species, as long as the bird clicks with us as a family.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I used to live not far from it years back. Didn't know they moved!
@Hawk12237 yes, she won't allow unannounced visitors anymore. Apparently she also had people calling to 'buy' birds today, thinking they can skip the application process. :huh: But it sounds like between the recent hoarding situations, she must have at least 120 birds in her home. I've been FB messaging with them this morning, they've got an insane amount of applications in from all the publicity. There are some of her birds listed on Petfinder.com, but none from hoarding situations, as I think they're still in the process of figuring out who is who and what they are like. The ones on Petfinder sound like owner surrenders. My husband is in love with the bare eyed cockatoo who is 36 years old. I told him he's a psycho :hehe: Anyways, we submitted our application a few weeks ago, sent our video home tour today, which was interesting with a 2.5 year old being her usual crazy self in every frame...and they responded thanking me for all of my honesty and being candid about having another baby, and my birds and daughter are adorable. We're open to so many different species, as long as the bird clicks with us as a family.
Yes she's getting an insane amount of calls and apps. Turned a couple people down.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Any ideas if there will be fundraising for this situation. I tend to give to animal charities every few weeks so I would be willing to help them out. I may be from Texas but Michigan will always be where my heart is.
that's great!! They could use the help.
The donation page is on here as well.
Birds and Beaks

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@Hawk12237 That doesn't seem like a long time to sort through 100 something birds, but I guess if you have any sort of idea what you're NOT interested in, that would help to narrow it down. I know I don't need to meet the ten thousand finches, etc, so that leave time to focus on what we'd really like, which is a medium sized bird. No Macaws with little kids in the house for us lol

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I don't have a Facebook account so maybe someone with Facebook can let the rescue know that the Amazon link isn't working

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
@Hawk12237 That doesn't seem like a long time to sort through 100 something birds, but I guess if you have any sort of idea what you're NOT interested in, that would help to narrow it down. I know I don't need to meet the ten thousand finches, etc, so that leave time to focus on what we'd really like, which is a medium sized bird. No Macaws with little kids in the house for us lol
All birds are being vet checked to get cleared first. Few are not in good shape at all. Lost a few so far...May lose a few more.
Do you know their new address? I know they don't take walk ins. I sent Shannon a long message, if she's overwhelmed, she can board some here. I'll check out prospects people willing to adopt. Waiting to hear back.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I don't have a Facebook account so maybe someone with Facebook can let the rescue know that the Amazon link isn't working
Oh weird. The rescue's list shows up when I click on it...

upload_2019-8-15_14-5-24.png