• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Calling Lorikeet Keepers Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am soon adding a very different type of fruit eating bird to my flock{this saturday!} a Blue Naped Mousebird.
I would like to know some innovative ways you have learned to contain their umm...ahem... messy poop.:D

Cydney

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cydney
A shower curtain hung behind the cage. :) I also usually have a clear plastic table cloth underneath but I need to replace it and have blankets down right now (carpet is a pain!).

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you.:) I purchased a clear roll of plastic dropcloth- a 4 ml with grommets. I am trying to figure out how to put it. I suppose once he is here and the poop starts flying, it will become evident.:D
I looked for a clear shower curtain in wally world, but could not find any. I need to scout some other stores.

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
A room with tiles. :D

I also hang a towel behind my Scaly's cage so that his squirts don't hit the curtains. Otherwise it's mostly just routine cleaning. I vacuum the tiles first and then mop them to get rid of those extra sticky poops. :rolleyes:

If it's been a good day I can usually get away with just wiping the tiles clean with a wet sponge or cloth. :)

My Scaly tends to aim at the dogs so I have to clean them more than I have to clean the tiles.

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
I bought several inexpensive (dark-colored) bath towels at a Dollar General store. I keep them on the floor to catch ay squirts. Every couple of days I wash the towels. They help a lot. I have two long-distance squirters and 1 who is more polite about it.

One good thing about it is that even though their droppings can be messy, they clean up pretty easily.

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney

One good thing about it is that even though their droppings can be messy, they clean up pretty easily.
AGREED. I'd much rather clean up a Kai mess than cemented Linus poop. :hehe:

Abby

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
Berry lorikeet poops stain lemon coloured walls. Just a heads up there. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.