• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Calling all ebay goers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
:D I was looking on ebay today and found this:
eBay Store - megapetdirect: Large Bird Cages, Medium Bird Cages, Aviaries
They have some really good deals- No reserve either!! :eek:
:lol: actually I bid on one today, a 26 x 20, it should be here this week! Not sure who's gonna go in it yet. :hehe: but I only paid $80 (with shipping! talk about a deal!)
I will let you guys know how it is after it gets here! *Pics to come!*

For the meantime she's got a top rates seller rating and doesn't have any negs.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
that's cool i've never bought bird things off E-Bay just a Pendant of Twilight For my daughter it was made out of a Scrabble piece and it was Edwards pic on the blank side and a used Play station game for my son

but i do browse often but i'm one who clicks "free shipping" "buy now" so i don't have to deal with the Auction part of it lol

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
I'm with ya, I try not to bid if I don't have to but it was just too good to pass up!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
:hehe: i just know with my luck I'd be the winner but it would be when it was 2 to 3 hundred dollars more than when i started LOL

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
I've done lots of Christmas shopping on Ebay the last 3 years... wish I had some spare $$ right now since our dollar is so good, but knowing my luck they wouldn't ship to Canada... lol

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
In the early days e-bay was really good. I was a regular buyer and seller 10-12 years ago. I even bought some mid-century heywood-wakefield furniture!

I haven't shopped there much, lately.

Thanks for the link to those cages. I do forget about e-bay for cages and a lot of people have gotten great deals.

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran

hsmoscout

umm...why do the 26x22 cages say for Macaws and Conures and the 32x21 say for canaries and parakeets? :confused: I have heard nothing good about the cages off of e-bay, even from seemingly professional and "reputable" dealers...

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
umm...why do the 26x22 cages say for Macaws and Conures and the 32x21 say for canaries and parakeets? :confused: I have heard nothing good about the cages off of e-bay, even from seemingly professional and "reputable" dealers...
I never pay attention to the how they label which birds are for which cages even in regular stores its wrong, I just look at what the cage has: bar spac, size, etc. ....

and the 32x21 is the same as the HQ flight.

we shall see how good the quality is when I get the cage I ordered, it comes this week, so I'll let ya know if her products are good. And BTW I have ordered 4 cages off of ebay and all are great.

hsmoscout

and the 32x21 is the same as the HQ flight.
Well at least that's what the picture is of. I have seen many "small animal" cages labeled as bird cages even though they weren't built to put up with a beak of any size...

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
yA I checked, they do NOT ship internationally - so that leaves me out :( dangit!

sophiamarini

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sophia
I bought my old aviary on ebay for $300 and just sold it yesterday for $307!! I made a profit!! But then again I am throwing in 3 food bowls, perch holders, natural perches, a nest box shelf and vinyl floor mats - so maybe I didn't really make a profit after all! I think the lucky guy who won it is getting a bargin!!! I don't care I am happy to have some xmas money to spend and at least it recouped some of the cost of the new aviary.

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
Do you think I could use one of those "finch/canary" aviaries as an outdoor cage for my hahns??

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I bought Squeeky's new cage from Ebay I love that cage and so does he.

Prince Toasty Buns

Jogging around the block
Do you think I could use one of those "finch/canary" aviaries as an outdoor cage for my hahns??
I wouldn't advise doing that unless you keep the aviary cage in a water-proof area with low humidity, as the hollow metal framing will rust out much much faster if you get water in it. Same goes for those who pressure clean their cages with water.

Those finch/canary aviary cages, in my opinion, would not be suitable anyway for a larger bird like a Hahns.

Probably better for you to just buy a roll of GAW aviary wire or stainless steel wire and build a custom aviary yourself. Pretty easy to do for anyone and cost effective too. And if you don't use a whole roll of wire, you will have plenty left to use again when MBS strikes. Or you could also sell the remainder of the roll to another board member who is in your area or driving thru one day.

You can order these rolls of wire in many sizes and you can order all the supplies you will need to construct it, like rings, latches, wire cutters, special pliers to close the rings, etc.

Last edited:

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
I think it could work, I used to have a flight cage as my outdoor cage and it worked great for everyone!

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
I wouldn't advise doing that unless you keep the aviary cage in a water-proof area with low humidity, as the hollow metal framing will rust out much much faster if you get water in it. Same goes for those who pressure clean their cages with water.

Those finch/canary aviary cages, in my opinion, would not be suitable anyway for a larger bird like a Hahns.

Probably better for you to just buy a roll of GAW aviary wire or stainless steel wire and build a custom aviary yourself. Pretty easy to do for anyone and cost effective too. And if you don't use a whole roll of wire, you will have plenty left to use again when MBS strikes. Or you could also sell the remainder of the roll to another board member who is in your area or driving thru one day.

You can order these rolls of wire in many sizes and you can order all the supplies you will need to construct it, like rings, latches, wire cutters, special pliers to close the rings, etc.
All cages that aren't SS or aluminum will rust eventually.. As far as that cage not being sturdy enough? Hahns macaws are only the size of a sun conure.. so it would be fine. Its not like he's gonna go and rip though every bar the cage has.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
We got Dakota's cage off of ebay and it was ok. Honestly though, I just check Craigslist now for cages as you can find much better deals for used ones :D

Status
Not open for further replies.