• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

California Bird Nerds has more new items

Status
Not open for further replies.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
California Bird Nerds has just added some more new products please check them out at

What's New!!

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
You TORTURER!!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

I want a bunch of each!!!

Gosh guess I'll just have to wait..... :rofl:

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I just ordered Ann, I always love your things you have. I have so much funn putting stuff together.:)

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I gotta ask since I know most of your stuff you do your self

how in the world do you get holes drilled into the small craft sticks with out breaking them?

because my way - is only making my arthritis worse! I've been using a small Cup hook and screwing that into the craft stick takes me about 30 mins to get a hole started in just one , LOL and my hands cramp so bad that by the time I get 2 or 3 done I'm out of the mood to make toys and just shove it all back in the corner of my room lol

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Very nice! I found KerBear loves your plastic wheels.

I need to find someplace that has soft chewy plastic dinosaurs for KerBear. She loves the alphabet blocks we got as well :heart:

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Gourds! I so would have ordered those had I seen them! Oh well, maybe next time. :)

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
I use a vise my drill press and drill about 15 of them at a time. I do get some breakage. I also find that taping them together before I drill them does prevent some breakage and also keeps them lined up even though they are in the vise.
I gotta ask since I know most of your stuff you do your self

how in the world do you get holes drilled into the small craft sticks with out breaking them?

because my way - is only making my arthritis worse! I've been using a small Cup hook and screwing that into the craft stick takes me about 30 mins to get a hole started in just one , LOL and my hands cramp so bad that by the time I get 2 or 3 done I'm out of the mood to make toys and just shove it all back in the corner of my room lol

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I bought craft sticks at the dollar store and we did something similar. We taped them together and then placed them over a soda bottle. I held each end while hubby drilled a hole in them. It worked pretty good. We were able to do about 10 at a time

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
There are still more new vine items that have been photographed and I will be adding just as soon as I can. I am trying to get my daughter into a different high school for next school year. Yes it doesnt start till August. However, orientation for the IB Program is this week and testing is the week after. On top of that my hubby had oral surgery this week from a drill bit that was left behind a couple of years ago during a root canal. He ended up getting an infection and per his own words looked like Donald Duck this week. He was on vacation the week before that and then after getting the infection ended up getting excused from work for a week. He has been home for two weeks now. Fortunately he goes back tomorrow as I have had enough of him after being home for 2 weeks. Men can be such babies when they are sick. I didnt mention this earlier as I know another member was having oral surgery and I didnt want to scare her.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
There are still more new vine items that have been photographed and I will be adding just as soon as I can. I am trying to get my daughter into a different high school for next school year. Yes it doesnt start till August. However, orientation for the IB Program is this week and testing is the week after. On top of that my hubby had oral surgery this week from a drill bit that was left behind a couple of years ago during a root canal. He ended up getting an infection and per his own words looked like Donald Duck this week. He was on vacation the week before that and then after getting the infection ended up getting excused from work for a week. He has been home for two weeks now. Fortunately he goes back tomorrow as I have had enough of him after being home for 2 weeks. Men can be such babies when they are sick. I didnt mention this earlier as I know another member was having oral surgery and I didnt want to scare her.

Amen they are the biggest babies on earth when they're sick.. I swear my b/f is like 15 babies in one, when he's sick I do his bird job - which is feeding them. i've been sick for the last 2 days (1st time i've been really ill, since 2004 I got a cold or something but with an Auto immune disorder I get them worse then "normal" people) But does he water the birds for me? NO and I had to feed them the last 2 days too because "my back hurts" UH so mine hurts daily lol

hope you can get your daughter in the h.s.

I was surprised when my daughter brought home her schedule for next year for me to sign - well the classes she wants to take. i was like uh its only January lol

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:dance4:

Status
Not open for further replies.