• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Caique Roll Call

WyattChirp

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rachel Anderson
Hi ya’ll!! This is Wyatt, my new baby who in all seriousness chose me and my husband… not the other way around. We were not in the market for a new family member but this little guy made his mark on us, and we couldn’t get him off our minds. Did all the research, serious mulling it over and pulled the proverbial plug. We are so in love, he’s the sweetest, craziest, silliest boy.
I’m loving this forum and seeing all the other cuties! DDD89EE4-CB67-4C19-B7C5-17204E11201F.jpeg 67ECC407-7FE2-46DE-91E6-FAE81749ED4A.jpeg

Lindsay08

Moving in
Real Name
Lindsay Thompson
Hi ya’ll!! This is Wyatt, my new baby who in all seriousness chose me and my husband… not the other way around. We were not in the market for a new family member but this little guy made his mark on us, and we couldn’t get him off our minds. Did all the research, serious mulling it over and pulled the proverbial plug. We are so in love, he’s the sweetest, craziest, silliest boy.
I’m loving this forum and seeing all the other cuties! View attachment 397493 View attachment 397494
Super cute ❤

WBCmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Karen
Avenue meet Mango the Mighty Caique ! These pics are from day 1 and 3 in his new luxury playground. Hatch date 7/13/21.

20211122_152405.jpg
20211122_152413.jpg

WBCmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Karen
Aww he's such a little cutie and I love that playstand!
That one is a table top, modified. The one behind it is from my Grey rescues, that one needed serious modifications as his feet are too small. Still working on the cheapo always open play cage, need to modify the roof as those rungs are too small for his feet. Looking for the perfect porridge that is Just Right lol...

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That one is a table top, modified. The one behind it is from my Grey rescues, that one needed serious modifications as his feet are too small. Still working on the cheapo always open play cage, need to modify the roof as those rungs are too small for his feet. Looking for the perfect porridge that is Just Right lol...
Its very cool what type of wood is it? Have you tried adding vet wrap or rope to make it easier for him to grip the larger perches?

WBCmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Karen
Its very cool what type of wood is it? Have you tried adding vet wrap or rope to make it easier for him to grip the larger perches?
Thats exactly what I did, all the hardwoods vary and I honestly cant remember which one is which. The vet wrap works great, its safe and easily replaced. He navigated it all fine. He did however take a header into a window from such high heights this little guy is STRONG. He was ok, no screeching, nothing bleeding but he did find out that its a window. Mama forgot to close the sheer panel when I walked out to the Tiki Bar. The one room in the house that is MINE, now must be bird proofed. He is taking over, 6" and half a pound of feathers has gained the entire house except the kitchen and the bathrooms. I wont budge on them. I still rule the roost...well most of it anyway

Marvel_ous

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trinity
Add Marvel to the count!

She's about 20 (possibly the oldest caique on AA?) and handicapped- I'm fostering her with a high chance of permanent adoption if all goes well!
She's got some hormonal issues due to diet and care at her previous home and has a flock calling problem but we're slowly working on both

I know the jump from a budgie to a caique is a big one but so far it's been going well! Her being a senior bird and already tame has definitely worked in my favor (no teenage period to deal with!)

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Add Marvel to the count!

She's about 20 (possibly the oldest caique on AA?) and handicapped- I'm fostering her with a high chance of permanent adoption if all goes well!
She's got some hormonal issues due to diet and care at her previous home and has a flock calling problem but we're slowly working on both

I know the jump from a budgie to a caique is a big one but so far it's been going well! Her being a senior bird and already tame has definitely worked in my favor (no teenage period to deal with!)
She's adorable and I love her name!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew