• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caique Care Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
This was going to be posted at one time or another so I might as well do it now. Can you give me some info on general caique care like minimum cage size, how much handling they need, some vids of what their screams are like, if they're loud, what kind of evergy level they have, how many toys they need, if they prefer to live in pairs, etc. so I realize how much of a hassle they are before I am tempted to take one home during our trip to the bird store tomorrow? Thanks :highfive:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
AJ...here's a great place to start:

www.shadypines.com .....hatchplace of two of your three favorite caiques! :hug8::heart::heart::heart:

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
Our Kiwi is not loud at all. We LOVE her noises. We have heard her scream once at the vets office but that's it. We love for her to talk, etc. Our cockatiel made much worse noise than Kiwi does. We are very pleased with the noise level.

And Gloria at Shady Pines has BHC and WBC available right now. I am SO tempted to get another one but I would have to keep them in the same cage. Hmmm, I may start a new thread about that. :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Our Kiwi is not loud at all. We LOVE her noises. We have heard her scream once at the vets office but that's it. We love for her to talk, etc. Our cockatiel made much worse noise than Kiwi does. We are very pleased with the noise level.
And Gloria at Shady Pines has BHC and WBC available right now. I am SO tempted to get another one but I would have to keep them in the same cage. Hmmm, I may start a new thread about that. :)
I answered you, Patter, with a focus on the fact that they will have to share a cage. Otherwise two is a delightful idea....:D

CKJ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy

Patter, Pico wasn't too loud either when he was young. In the past year he gotten a little loud in the morning & a little loud towards the end of the day.....doesn't go on all day though. I know in the a.m. he hears the Blue Jays squawking & I really think he's just trying to out do them. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.