• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caique breeders in Southern California?

vicksvapor

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
victoria
Hello! I am new to the forum but not new to birds! I have been looking into getting a white-bellied
caique but I can't seem to find any near me :/ (I live in Los Angeles county). Does anyone know where I can get one? I've been looking into getting one shipped: is anyone familiar with The Parrot Depot based in Sacramento? If anyone knows anything, please let me know!

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
OOps, sorry Im in Sth Africa, along way from California

Reactions: Ali

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There are a few bird stores in the San Diego area. There's also Omar's Exotic Birds. Can call them and see if they have any or maybe they can direct you to a breeder.
I don't know if Magnolia Bird Farm breeds them or knows of breeders but you can contact them, too.

Reactions: Ali

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Hi there, I raise caiques but I am in Texas. At the moment shipping options are severely limited due to the pandemic. Your best bet is to look for someone local or find someone within driving distance.

We are getting close to the end of the breeding season for caiques so it will probably be getting more difficult to find one as the months go by but keep looking and you may find one. Most likely you will need to get on a waiting list. I waited 6 months to get mine and I have had people wait up to a year that got birds from me. I don't currently have any available.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
Have you had any luck? There is also Birds N Paradise in Murrieta.