• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caique Aggression

CrazyCakes

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
My Caique is 16. Had her since she was a baby. Always the sweetest with the here and there typical Caique aggression but this last year and a half I’ve been stuck at my moms while our house gets remodeled from a black mold disaster. During this time she has gotten SO VICIOUS. I’m literally typing this out with fingers that have chunks of flesh ripped off. She bites me SO hard out of no where all the time. And I know Caiques do the I love you, I hate you, I love you bipolar swings but the once little bites have turned in to flesh shredding murder spawned demon attacks. 16 is a mature age. So it can’t be hormonal since her whole life it’s been normal behavior. Could it be the environment change? What advice do you guys have because it’s getting to the point where being around her makes me fear for my life. I’m pretty sure she’s plotting my demise…and my fingers can’t take much more abuse. My African grey bites don’t hurt as bad as hers.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no that's sounds terrible,I'll bet it's because of having to be in a new home and she misses her actual house. Let me tag a few folks for you. @Irishj9 @Laurie

CrazyCakes

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Oh no that's sounds terrible,I'll bet it's because of having to be in a new home and she misses her actual house. Let me tag a few folks for you. @Irishj9 @Laurie
Thank you. It’s like aggressive playing. She bites really hard when playing or it’s out of no where. She’s just never had behavior like this. I use to let everyone hold her. Now I’m afraid of her hurting people she’s so rough.

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
She is biting you because she has told you 25,000 times that she is unhappy and you have not acted. This had been going on for 18 months?

Read her body language

Find out what it is she hates and remove it

Then go to bribery as your backup

Last edited: