• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cages thread

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I’ve noticed the question “what is a good cage” a lot in here so I thought I would make a thread for it. Please check bar spacing and the details for you specific bird, some cages are good for budgies but not for conures, and vice versa.

I am in Canada, so these are Canadian (and some American) websites, but feel free to add onto this thread.

Small to medium birds:

Now for American links:

Sorry I couldn’t find as much American links as Canadian. Remember to makesure the cage is fit for your species of bird.

Hope this helps!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
United Kingdom -
(Not many but a few good ones available)

I like the look at this, and love that it is an affordable price. I have been thinking of upgrading the parrotlets to it a few times.

This one I have for Iris. I really like it, but I think that small conure species and cockatiel are the biggest I would put in it. Assembly was really easy and it is very affordable.

I'm the UK we are very limited as we don't get many different brands here. I don't have any experience with large bird cages, so I'll leave those recommendations to someone with hands on experience.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
@budgieluv3 I as just wondering about maybe having the title changed by a staff member to 'Recommended bird cages thread' so it is more obvious for people looking for the thread in a years time?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm the UK we are very limited
Scarletts and Northern parrots have a good selection, especially for small-medium birds.
Much more choice than folks in other countries.

Edit;

Last edited:

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Scarletts and Northern parrots have a good selection, especially for small-medium birds.
Much more choice than folks in other countries.
Most of them are too large though. We seriously lack flight cages

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
What species? Budgies?
Just flight cages. I can't think of any well-known brand that is easy to obtain with good fight cages here. Maybe I'm just not looking well.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Just flight cages
For who? If it is for a budgie, tiel, lovie or similar, there are quite a few in the links I posted. They are large and have adequate bar spacing.

edit;
More cages;
(Some aren´t good on this site, but there´s some decent ones though)
More,

Edit;
More :

Last edited:

Guava123

Walking the driveway
Do you know if the A and E flight cages have any lead or zinc?

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Do you know if the A and E flight cages have any lead or zinc?
They did fail tests a good few years back but have since clamped down on the materials used. No worries these days.

TrueBlue

Strolling the yard
Thank you @budgieluv3 for the cage links! I just ordered one from your list. I really wanted one of those 52" cages but I don't know yet if my 2 lovies will even get along. Baby is still in quarantine and needs to get out of the temporary tiny cage already. So I got the Prevue Hampton. Worst case after I hook them up together, I can just put in the divider. I think it's the best compromise without ending up buying too many extra cages.