• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Cages for Green Cheek Pair?

Aurentha

Moving in
Real Name
Moth Scott
I recently got a pair of green cheek conure males and I had a cage set up already that someone purchased for me, I had just assumed the bar spacing would be okay which was my mistake. After getting the birds I've seen them shove their heads through the bars and chirp at me when they want out. I find that super concerning so I want to get a new cage for them asap but I really want one that's a similar size because they love having the room to fly around.

For now I leave at least one door open at all times so they can come and go when they want so they don't try to jam themselves through the bars but I would have so much more peace of mind with a cage they can't put their head through for times I'm not at home and it has to be shut, such as when I'm at work.

I'm wondering about other people's cage setups for their conures, and I'd really appreciate any cage suggestions for housing a pair of conures for an affordable price, I can't find any of a suitable size near me for sale. Any feedback helps!!

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd try for an a double flight cage they will have lots of room for plenty of toys and perches and even small flights depending on how you set it up for them. I don't have any links sorry but I know A&E,Kings and HQ have versions of it. Or try Natural Inspirations cages(I think sorry not 100% if that's the company) but they have an amazing really large almost macaws sized cage for green cheek sized birds with proper bar spacing 1/2 inch. Sorry that I don't have pics or links can't do it on my phone.

Aurentha

Moving in
Real Name
Moth Scott
Thank you so much, I'll look into those!!

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I suspect these are the Natural Inspirations options @April is referring to since they're both available with 1/2" bar spacing...

Aurentha

Moving in
Real Name
Moth Scott

I'll likely get this one as soon as I get some money, I was eyeing that one up after they suggested it!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I suspect these are the Natural Inspirations options @April is referring to since they're both available with 1/2" bar spacing...

Yes that's it! Thanks so much.