• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Angela Watson
I guess I'm a little lost. Please don't get me wrong I want to making my little guy as happy as possible.

I did some research on cages the size of my cage is 31x25x21.

I went to petsmart and did a search for cages for conures. They recommend this size or bigger for my breed 24" x 18" x 31"

Don't get me wrong I want to make sure that I have the right cage for him. But you would think you could trust a pet store on cages wouldn't you think?

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
you would *think* but i have seen again and again pet stores recommending cages that are *much much* to small for the parrots they sell. :(

Have you looked into the HQ flight cages? They're awesome!

Angela

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Angela Watson
I might have I'm not sure. I do have a small problem (it's only a problem till about late spring mid summer at the lastest) We don't have the room for a fight cage just yet. we we'll after we finnish remodling.

But we are making plains to work around this by making play areas around the house and we'll make it so he can have his food and water whenever he would like it. then just use the cage for sleeping or if we have to leave the house so my cat doesn't go after him.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
24x18 is way to small for a conure.

Recommend is 30lengthx21width for a smaller conure, and medium/larger would need to be in a cage no smaller than a 32lengthx23width cage.

NEVER trust a petstore on cage size. They are always wrong. i havent met not one, that has told good advice on cages, birds, toys, food, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.