• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage upgrade for Preeno

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Hello!

I've been looking for wrought iron cages and out of the few I've seen, this one seems like the best price for me. It's pretty tall so would this be okay for a budgie?

Dimensions are: 172cm x 81cm x 53.5. Cm

Screenshot_20210505-074626_Carousell.jpg

My other option would be a similar one but 40cm shorter.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think the cage size will be perfect for Preeno however I'm not sure about whether wrought iron is safe, it probably is but ill tag some members that are more experienced @Destiny @Macawnutz @Mizzely

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That looks like a nice cage!

sootling

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
Awh thats awesome!

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
I think that’s about the same height as my tiel’s cage. I’m only 5ft/152 cm tall and I have no trouble reaching any of the interior to clean, hang new toys or perches, etc.
However I DO have trouble getting at the top and need a little stepladder to maintain the play gym I have up there.
My budgie Konrad loves to go poke around in the Big Cage when Jasper is out on his stand in the other room. The size is glorious for a budgie. I want to upgrade Konrad to one like that after we move, he would love it and I bet Preeno would too!

clarousel

I think that’s about the same height as my tiel’s cage. I’m only 5ft/152 cm tall and I have no trouble reaching any of the interior to clean, hang new toys or perches, etc.
However I DO have trouble getting at the top and need a little stepladder to maintain the play gym I have up there.
My budgie Konrad loves to go poke around in the Big Cage when Jasper is out on his stand in the other room. The size is glorious for a budgie. I want to upgrade Konrad to one like that after we move, he would love it and I bet Preeno would too!
Konrad sounds so cute! Now that you've mentioned it, I didn't realise the cage will be taller than me :roflmao: my only complaint would be that the bars are vertical. His current Lilliphut has horizontal bars so he can climb around easily as he wishes. Will just need to put more climbing things on the sides.

Can't wait for the cage upgrade as cleaning the small cage kills my back!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This may just be me, but I prefer cages that are wider rather than taller because birds can fly back and forth with more room. So if it were my decision, I’d opt for the second cage.

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
Wow, I like the white too! I agree that losing a little height isn’t too bad. I personally have a hard time utilizing the bottom few inches anyway since almost anything I put down there is below something else and gets dirty too fast.

clarousel

Yeah I have been thinking the taller one would be a challenge to fill! Would the shorter one house 2 budgies comfortable?

Forest

Strolling the yard
Yeah I have been thinking the taller one would be a challenge to fill! Would the shorter one house 2 budgies comfortable?
I think 2 budgies would be super comfy in that cage. I have a similar cage that 6 of my budgies sleep in every night.

clarousel

Hi guys, I still haven't decided on the cage to get but the white one is really tempting me!

I enquired about the material and they told me it's GB 343 low carbon steel coating with rust proof paint. Does this sound safe and long lasting?

My only concern is the coating hence I haven't gone ahead to purchase it.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Birds do better in wider cages, so I'd go with the white one and they are both diffinetly big enough