• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT Cage top Landing Trees

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Very nice! Are these bolted underneath To attach to cage top?
Yes. But you can bolt it to any flat surface. Just drill a hole. All stainless steel hardware. There is a hole in the bench just so I can take pictures. :D

C9807D5F-7FCA-48DE-A4C2-9850EACFA727.jpeg

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those look great John!!! Buddy loves his except getting down, still crashes down!

I was thinking a ladder or something (maybe a rope perch that is bent over it) might entice him to go up & down more. He's bound & determined to land on the bouncy rope perch when he flies.

I can never seem to get a pic of him hanging & then dropping face first down on the cage top. I'm nervous he's going to break his neck, just to avoid flying. Is this dumb to think (it's a few inch drop down)?

20210227_164450.jpg

You can kinda eyeball in this picture it's quite a bit of a job even with his feet & body stretched down.... I've been helping him off but I'd like him to use it w/out me reaching up.

For anyone reading this Buddy had pain when flying so he avoids it @ all costs, I always encourage it tho. It's due to a bone growth in both wings according to my vet.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Those look great John!!! Buddy loves his except getting down, still crashes down!

I was thinking a ladder or something (maybe a rope perch that is bent over it) might entice him to go up & down more. He's bound & determined to land on the bouncy rope perch when he flies.

I can never seem to get a pic of him hanging & then dropping face first down on the cage top. I'm nervous he's going to break his neck, just to avoid flying. Is this dumb to think (it's a few inch drop down)?

View attachment 376321

You can kinda eyeball in this picture it's quite a bit of a job even with his feet & body stretched down.... I've been helping him off but I'd like him to use it w/out me reaching up.

For anyone reading this Buddy had pain when flying so he avoids it @ all costs, I always encourage it tho. It's due to a bone growth in both wings according to my vet.
A ladder would work. I would give all kinds of climbing opportunities.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I got one @JLcribber could I please have greater than equal to 1” perches to suit my flock? Thanks!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A ladder would work. I would give all kinds of climbing opportunities.
Thanks John! I'll try a perch & failing that I may need you to specially design a ladder for him to go w/ this perch. I'll let you know :hug6:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thanks John! I'll try a perch & failing that I may need you to specially design a ladder for him to go w/ this perch. I'll let you know :hug6:
It was Buddy that pushed me over the edge! :roflmao: :swoon:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So, we've added a step up/down perch. We're starting to get more able to be calm on it too! Here's Buddys cage top/training perch now. He's finally gone into the fraidy cat cup to get a few things! I'll continue to wk w/ him, problem is, I have to stand on the arm of my Lazy boy to get to him! :laughin: 20210318_132732.jpg
20210318_132741.jpg
20210318_132745.jpg
20210318_132750.jpg
20210318_132753.jpg
20210318_132757.jpg
20210318_132802.jpg

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Looks very relaxed and comfy on his grand high throne! :heart:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's using it more now too! I'm quite glad for that, I just think the rope perch will get dukey all over it in time. We'll have to see, time will tell. It'll serve the purpose till I get something larger, that'll maybe go over the wooden one.