• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage store that ships to Japan?

lancef

Checking out the neighborhood
I'm trying to find a store or seller that can ship a cage to Japan.

Specifically, I'm interested in either the Montana Madeira II or III, or failing that, the A&E 13221.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue :)

Montana Madeira II or III
These can sometimes be called Kings or HQ cages. Montana is the German brand, King's and HQ are American brands.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Are these links any good?,

lancef

The cage is for a pair of cockatiels; I want a cage that is at least 32" x 21".

I've been searching for a cage for a couple of months now. I attempted to purchase one directly from King's; the shipping alone was going to be $2,000 USD. I then actually purchased a similar cage here in Japan (imported from a Belgian company, Savic), only to find the bar spacing was bigger than advertised and not appropriate.

King's has cages similar to the Montana Madeira II/III, but not quite the same:

... the first is too small, and the second does not have horizontal bars or the flip out top "front porch".

HQ (and A&E) also appears to have a similar design, but only in smaller sizes.

Thank you for the ubuy links, I hadn't heard of that site before. Those cages don't match what I'm looking for, but I do see that they have the A&E cage (albeit in burgundy).

I'd still really like to get the Montana cage though... I don't care about the pagoda shape or open top, I just like the overall size, the horizontal bars, the front porch, and the feeder doors.

lancef

Updating this post in case anyone else living in Japan has a similar dilemma.

In the end I ordered an A&E 13221 Flight Cage; I found that Virventures (listed on A&E's site's reseller page) can ship internationally if ordered via their eBay listings.

As for the Montana cage, I failed to find any reseller that would ship to Japan; the best I found was an eBay seller that had and could ship other Montana models, but not the one that I wanted. I also contacted the manufacturer, who looked into shipping it, but in the end said that it would not be possible.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thanks for the update, I´m sure it will help others in your country looking for that cage :)